12.17.2009

More Leftovers

Since my peacock Christmas makeover was budget based I used what I had around the house and lots of creativity.

Remember my walls are also a pretty peacock blue color? The little sample pot of paint came in handy here.



Added to some white paint, I got a pretty turquoise color



And left over glass ornaments I bought on clearance at Target last year.

It's these times where I am thankful for my needless buying/shopping. Take these ornaments for example, when I bought them it was kinda like, "I don't really need these at all but they are pretty, so in the cart they go". (That's how the conversation in my head went, just in case you were wondering )





Leftover paint + clearance glass ornaments = pretty additions for my tree to go with the Peacock color theme.






I love being in the Christmas spirit- it really is the best time of year!!!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME job lindsay! I love how they came out.

E @ Oh! Apostrophe said...

SO pretty! I love the blue. And you just inspired me to not throw out the leftover paint I just used to paint my walls.... :)

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

what a good idea!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Nice idea- they came out fab! I had no idea they were DIY! :)

Stephanie Sabbe said...

looks good. I went to an ornament painting party last sunday and mine turned out totally lame. I was so disappointed in my crafting skills.

Some of the girls were doing this pour and shake thing...I had never seen that, very cool

K said...

Did you see goody (I think) has a peacock hair clip (I saw it at Target)? I thought you might be able to get it cheap and repurpose for your decor?

LindsB said...

K- I had not seen those, I will have to go to check them out- thanks for the heads up!

Abbie said...

What a great color! They came out just gorgeous.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Aren't you clever! If I did this I could just see myself hanging them up prior to the paint drying, with a few falling off and breaking...
Your place looks completely ready for some celebrating!
Janell

Anonymous said...

Now that's really getting creative!! The color is beautiful.

Emily said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...

you have so inspired me for next year

deliciously organized said...

You are so creative! I really like them a lot. And yes, Christmas is the best time of the year!

Anonymous said...

oooo! They turned out such a pretty color!

Chic Coles said...

You are so creative! I love those, and they look so nice on your tree! Have a great weekend

Haven and Home said...

Oh those look so good! Well done!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Is there no end to your creativity? Such a gorgeous color!

Southern Aspirations said...

oh wow these turned out really well!! Love it! And thanks for the link back to the walls- I had missed that one!

My Notting Hill said...

Great job - they look terrific. I didn't realize that paint would give the glass balls such a nice finish.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ohmigosh so pretty! I want to try this project - simple and splendrous! Great idea!

By the way, I just found you via La vie...J'aime, and I'm obsessed! Loving your blog!! :)

Emily A. Clark said...

These look great--almost like liquid ornaments. The color is gorgeous!