11.02.2009

A Frightful Halloween

This Halloween was filled with spooky, creepy and scary things all around! My Halloween party was great and went off without a hitch, everyone had a fun time and kept saying how amazing the decorations were- thank you friends!

Of course I wish I took more photos but here are some of what I did get:


Fireplace with a cauldron in front and spiders climbing up one side


Side view of the mantle


The bookcases were covered in spiderwebs


The furniture was covered in black fabric and ripped cheesecloth


The mantle was covered with cheesecloth I hand dyed black. The blood candles were on one side and the black flowers on the other. The cut out bats went up the wall and along the mirror


We didn't have one light on in the whole apartment, just candles everywhere.

Along the hall were the gravestones I made from foam core. I used names and dates from the Salem Witch Trials.

The bar was set up in the office (yes I cleaned up his mess finally) and I made it to look like a laboratory.


Water, tonic and club soda bottles got mini makeovers to go along with the theme.

Every frame I had in the house that could be switched out was. I found creepy portraits, antique insect sketches and lots of fun things on the internet. These two scary people were in the bar area.

A close up of the lab. I took old jars filled them with colored water and cleaned out my fridge of old food items to put in the jars. A black light behind made them all glow.


The food table set up in the kitchen.


with the light on and minus the pita chips...oops

Breadsticks shaped like bones and tomato soup shooters to look like blood in the test tubes were front and center.


For dessert I made monster finger cookies and brownies in the shape of coffins.


A close up

Of course like everything that takes planning the night went by so fast and all that hard work for months before was over in a few short hours. But it was so worth it and I would do it again in a heartbeat- I love any excuse to go all out and over the top.

I hope you all had a fabulous Halloween!!

27 comments:

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Wow! Everything came out awesome. Eddie Ross would be so proud. :-) I love the bats flying above the mantle and the gravestones. I'm sure your guests had a blast!

MFAMB said...

i agree with laura...you totally put your ed ross on.
where is the pic of your costume though????

Brilliant Asylum said...

Wow--you really went all out! Looks like it was a fun party.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I LOVE your decor and treats! Amazing.

Chic Coles said...

What a fun party you put together !Love the fireplace cauldron with the black cheese cloth idea. Lab so fun for drinks with the black light. Also great monster finger cookies.

Haven and Home said...

That is great, I wish I was there. I can't believe all the details you thought about, fantastic!

Design Esquire said...

This is seriously amazing - it looks like it could have been done by Martha Stewart and Eddie Ross!! I bet your friends had a blast.

LindsB said...

Jenny my costume was not as great as all the decor- I spent the least amout of time on it, so I didnt want to post pics of my half ass lame costume :)

Thank you everyone for such sweet comments!

JMW said...

Wow, you went all out for your party! Looks great - love the details!

alison giese Interiors said...

Amazing. LOVE the water/tonic bottles, bar and food - SO FUN!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Oh, it all looks fabulous!! Love that you put old images over your pictures! Great detail, even down to the snacks...Janell

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

You are incredible. Every single little detail is amazing. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

Kate said...

Wow, all of this looks amazing!

Lauren said...

YOU ARE THE QUEEN OF HALLOWEEN!!!! oh my goodness how awesome!! you just ghot everythign down to the tiniest detail!!! i lvoe the lab idea & also switching out to creepy pics!!! hahahah so so great!!! glad it was so much fun!!!!
xoxoxo

Megan said...

Awesome! I'm so impressed with your party planning expertise and creative ideas- well done! Can I come next year?!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

What a fabulous theme party! Love the mantle, the graveyard, and the coffin brownies! So clever! :)

Jennifer said...

you really were up to your eyeballs in Halloween! looks great!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

I LOOOOOOVE it! If I would have known your address I would have crashed (no joke)

Southern Aspirations said...

OMG this is so totally awesome! I love it!! Way better than I'd ever think of on my own. Especially love the mantle.

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

So fun! You did a FANTASTIC job with the decorations!

court. said...

great job!!! I just read from your link to the Globe that you're in Brookline--how's my old hood doing? (I moved almost 3 yrs ago and miss my little place on Green St.)

-court.

Meg said...

Looks like SO much fun!! You did go all out and it looks fabulous!! I love your birch logs in your fire place ;)

Mrs. Limestone said...

Your party looked awesome. Loved the design you used on the tonic bottles and those spooky portraits you used. Great job!

Anonymous said...

You did an AMAZING job! It's so well thought out! Wanna come decorate for me next year?! ;)

for the love of a house said...

OMGOSH!! Your party looks so Wonderful! You did an amazing job. I can only imagine how many hours the whole process took!! I bet your guests LOVED it!!
joan

Jessica said...

So darn cute! You did a great job!!!

No.35style said...

oh how fun!!!! happy late birthday!