10.08.2009

Simple Things

It was a particularly windy day in Boston yesterday. There was debris all over the road and sidewalks; leaves, acorns, branches, trash- you name it, it was there.

As I got off the T and walked to my apartment I saw the cutest little oak branch just lying in the middle of the sidewalk, complete with an acorn still attached. It looked too pretty to just leave there so I picked it up. I brought it home and put it in some water, hoping that it would stay green so I can enjoy nature inside for a bit.


With a pretty candle lit and a movie on TV it was a quiet, simple evening at home. The best kind in my opinion.

15 comments:

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

How cute- it was sooo windy yesterday!

Chic Coles said...

That is so cute! Very creative of you! I miss the Northeastern weather...it has been 90 degrees in New Orleans...enough already!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Perfect! (and all free!) Janell

Ms. Bright said...

That is definitely a "cute" oak branch! Simple, yet lovely! What flavor candle??

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Found objects (or plants) are the bestest!

MFAMB said...

love this.

Sarah said...

glad you saved the little guy!

deliciously organized said...

Looks so cozy. Sounds like the perfect night! Might need to do that myself tonight!

Megan said...

Simply lovely-- a great way to bring the outdoors in! (love the rescue story!)

Stephanie Sabbe said...

so cute.

one time I made a centerpiece out of branches, with leaves on them, for a baby shower. Not because I was cute, but because I forgot to buy flowers and broke them off a bush in my front yard:)

LindsB said...

Ms. Bright- it was a vanilla candle, actually one of those Glad-e candles...you know the French kind :)

LindsB said...

Stephanie that is such a cute story, I bet the branches looked just as pretty as flowers would have, and they were free!!

Lauren said...

such a simple beautiful arrangement- i just LOVE it!!! have an awesome weekend!!
xoxo

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

It looks great. I'm glad you saved it from the windy outdoors!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Simply lovely. Sounds like a perfect night at home!