9.25.2009

Zest it Up!

According to Better Homes and Gardens and Colorstrology a love of orange means that I am "Outgoing, creative, expressive and young at heart." I'd have to say that is right on.

We've all seen some pretty amazing orange rooms lately. It being fall and all, orange seems to be a pretty popular color.

If you are a little gun shy and afraid to jump in with both feet on the orange train here are a few zesty accessories to bring orange into your rooms without a full commitment:


Add a splash of color on your sofa with any of these throw pillows

Labyrinth Pillow from Z Gallerie, the Ikat Pillow from fabricadabra or just a plain orange pillow from Crate and Barrel


I would die to have a beautiful monogrammed cashmere throw exactly like this one from Leontine Linens


Pretty storage buckets like these would sure add a pop of color in a play room, office or garage.



Any plain family room would get a fabulous update with an orange side table...I'd do a pair of these, a classic Nola orange lamp or a Moroccan stool like this one from Pieces



Everyone could use beautiful storage these boxes can hold anything from jewelery to your remote controls on a coffee table. From Plantation and Pieces these for are my favorites.


Orange and nailheads whats not to love?? This umbrella holder would look amazing in any front entry.


maybe just a hint of orange is needed- spice up any candle holders or chandelier with pretty candle sleeves like these. You could even make your own, a very easy DIY project for sure.



Spice up a boring office with orange zebra and orange faux bois. Maybe just one at a time though :)


These orange stools are for two different purposes but both equally as pretty and fun!



These wire candle holders could be used inside or outside, either place they are cheap and chic.

In my opinion you cant go wrong with a little orange....or in my case alot of it.


Have a great weekend everyone!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the orange! My living room is actually a tangerine orange (which I have *finally* grown a bit tired of after 6 years), but I still want pops of orange everywhere! Glad to see another tangerine dreamer out there :-)

deliciously organized said...

I kinda love everything...the blankie, the lamp, tray, boxes...and that journal. I might need to get that! Have a great weekend! -carlee

Stephanie Sabbe said...

orange will always= football to me:)

Anonymous said...

So fun! those pretty orange boxes are at Acquire in the North End. I love them!

MFAMB said...

as a proud owner of the CB2 hem lamp in delicious, juicy orange i concur with this post.

Lauren said...

i'm so in the mood!!!!! love that throw!!

Maureen Stevens said...

love that monogrammed cashmere throw, too! so luscious!

Yansy said...

I love orange as well. I love all of the items you chose, one day I will own an orange Hermes birkin bag even if is the last thing I get to accomplish.

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Great post. Love that throw!!

Chic Coles said...

Great post! I love the zebra trash can and those candle sleeves! What fun. I love the color orange, and cannot wait until the leaves start to change down here! Hope you have a great weekend!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

LOVE orange, so much so that I had to sell some off, the whole house was starting to have orange overload. Love the ikat pillow and nola lamp!!
Janell

Laura Trevey said...

So many fabulous finds!!
Loving the orange trays ~~

xo Laura
www.brightboldbeautiful.blogspot.com

Haven and Home said...

Love orange. All of these are great ways to bring a little in!

Zuniga Interiors Design Studio said...

One of my favourite colors! Love the furnishings and accessories you showed in Orange!

Michelle Zuniga

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Love your choices! I've got a post on orange in the queue for Wednesday, and picked different furniture/accessories - there's so much orange out there!

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

This post is for me! You know how much I love orange! I actually have those last candle holders. :)