8.27.2009

Designer Crush: Barclay Butera

I'm totally crushing over Barclay Butera and all he has his name on right now. Frist his book sold me, then I saw his furniture line and now his fabric line at Kravet.

To me you can do no wrong using an animal print, and Barclay does it with perfection! Along with other patterns and textures obviously, just take a look at some of his great fabrics






His line of furniture, which you can see more on his site, is amazing. Of course I love this first sofa for its classic lines and pretty arms



But this leather tufted sofa is what really makes me swoon!! The buttery soft leather, the dark brown color, the nailhead detail, the tufting, AND the fact that the BF and I would both 100% agree to a sofa like this makes it top on my list

Love the animal print paired with the leather and nailheads

More yummy animal print

pretty wood detail

cant go wrong with a table and some casters


Still loving the Greek key...

...and ikat


another classic


With all of these great designs its no wonder he designs some beautiful interiors!






To see more of his fabric check out Kravet and all the rest of his work check out his site AND his new blog.


All photos from Kravet and Barclay Butera

13 comments:

deliciously organized said...

Loving all the animal prints! and that oversized leather sofa is perfect...thanks for sharing, I'll have to go check out his site now!
-carlee

Chic Coles said...

Wonderful post. Barclay Butera is so talented and his work is amazing. I love this first book and am now waiting for the next one that I hope will feature the foyer he design for the South Hampton Designer show house and the House beautiful show house in Miami. His furniture line is so unique. As you can see I am also a huge fan. Going to check out his blog. His company is great to work with also.

Anonymous said...

i love love love that first couch.

and nothing beats greek key in my book!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE Barclay's style. The pillows are amazing and thanks so much for mentioning his blog!

MFAMB said...

that leather sofa is making me a little hot and heavy.

sabbephotography said...

Love some of these fabrics

You crack me up! Now I'm ready to plan our event!

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or is he kind of hot in a Swedish sort of way, too? :-)
I looove his fabrics the best, and especially that green-blue ikat... LOVE!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Ikat pillow, get on my couch!

Yansy said...

I love his work! I'm obsessing over the tufted leather sofa.

Southern Aspirations said...

oh I LOVE the tufted leather sofa! And the x stool.

And um yes, thinking he's a little hottie too. ;-)

Dallas Decorum said...

I want the x base ottoman with the zebra - actually two - flanking my fireplace. Perhaps he is the new Ralph Lauren...mixing modern and classic styling with a masculine edge...whatcha think?

LindsB said...

Amy- I agree, I think he is kinda hot in a way :)

Alana- YES! I was thinking the same thing after I re-read my post. and I LOVE the X benches, I want them all over my house!

Lauren said...

YES!!!!! love his stuff!!! (and he looks so nice too- haha)