7.20.2009

Bed and Breakfast Shower

Yesterday my Mom and I drove down to the coast of Rhode Island for my cousins wedding shower. It was a beautiful day and a great party. Her friend that hosted the party has a beautiful house right on the water had all these blow up beds set up outside to go along with the Bed and Breakfast theme. Actually words don't do it justice, here are some pics...


The view of the water


Amazing blue hydrangeas were everywhere


There were 4 beds set up for the guests. A lounger with a nightstand next to it was set up for the bride to open her presents and complete the bed and breakfast look.


more beds in the backyard


The food was delicious, I loved how the fork and knife were tied up in a pretty napkin and rope

I am paying for the nice weather though, stupid me didn't put on sunscreen and now my skin is a color of red I have never seen it before and I am in extreme pain. Whats worse is that I am so anal when it comes to taking care of my skin and I go and do something dumb like this-ugg!

But, a good time was had by all and I can't wait for the wedding!!

13 comments:

Haven and Home said...

How cool is that? Looks like it was a lovely party!!!

bluehydrangea said...

What a great idea!! Love it, and the setting sure doesn't hurt!

KM said...

I am freaking out that is SO cute Linds!!! What a great concept!!! Looks like someone got refreshed this weekend.

Design Esquire said...

What a great idea, and the house and lake are just beautiful. I bet the bride loved her shower!

Anonymous said...

beautiful. this shower was thrown with lots of love, clearly!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Very cool! I have never seen anything like this before. I love having a nice comfy bed to sit in while the bride opens up a million gifts. In heaven. Plus I love RI!!!! All in all sounds like a fab day except for the bad sunburn. Hope you feel better!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

So cute. I'm w/ Camila- have never seen anything like it. What a fun concept!

Meg said...

such a great/fun party idea!! Love this!!! hope your sunburn feels better :)

Jennifer said...

what a great idea for a party!

KatyO! said...

such a good idea for a theme!!

Megan said...

What a beautiful setting; this is such a great theme for a shower!

Chic Coles said...

Love the idea for the shower! There is nothing better than beautiful bedding. I love the view as well!

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

Everything looks gorgeous - love the color scheme and that setting is amazing. What a lovely place for a shower.