6.03.2009

Blogger's Favorite Everything: SHELTER


____________________________________________________

Featured today is Julie behind the beautiful blog SHELTER. Julie is a super talented Interior Designer and besides posting gorgeous and inspiring interiors on her blog everyday she also has her own interior design firm (also named SHELTER) north of Boston. I started reading her blog long, long ago and it is one of my favorites and first reads in the morning.

I was very excited when Julie answered my email and agreed to be part of my Blogger's Favorite Everything series. I have to add that she must have sent at least 4 or 5 copies of her list as things kept changing and she thought of more favorites, a girl after my own heart. So, to check out Julies latest favorites and other beautiful things be sure to head on over to her blog (after you read this of course)




Here are a few of Julie's favorite things:


Lamp- Anything vintage or vintage looking. Also Circa Lighting {images: Pieces, Jan Showers}


Everyday dishes- Great White-Pottery Barn.

Everyday glassware- CB2 - Marta. They are elegant and easily replaced when my husband accidentally breaks one.

Design book- I love so many design books, it's tough to chose one. Domino: The Book of Decorating is a good staple.

Cleaning supply- Seventh Generation glass cleaner and cotton cloth baby diapers. {they dust wonderfully} I prefer green products.

Fabric- I know this one has been around for a while but it's made up of my favorite colors!!

Schumacher: Chiang Mai Dragon in aquamarine. I never tire of looking at it.

Sheets- I purchase 350+ thread count, Egyptian cotton sheets at Marshalls! Usually in crisp white or chocolate brown.

Wallpaper- Right now, for graphic paper: Katie Ridder's leaf.

+ for subtle paper: Faux Bois patterns, Nobilis and Retro Walls have great ones.


Coffee or tea- Trader Joe's decaf green or peppermint tea!

Color- The colors of the ocean; aqua, turquoise, teal..you get the idea!

Windsor Smith

Accessory- Chunky jewelry + great shoes!

For Home: Pillows + Fresh Flowers

Electronic gadget- I couldn't live without my computer or ipod

Nail polish color- Any creamy white neutral OPI color for my nails. I usually go for more color on my toes.

Flower- Ranunculus


Comfort food- My Mom's home-made lasagna

Alcoholic drink- Margarita straight up with a salted rim + El Tesoro tequila! Yum...


Writing utensil- Avery Rollerball - Medium Point

Vacation spot- Any-place in Europe!

Stationery- I have an affinity for letter pressed stationery.

left: for custom designs I love Cheree Berry's work. right: Mr. Boddington's has a beautiful selection of personalized everyday paper.

Jeans: Hudson or True Religion

Heels/ flats- Both - flats by day{the design center is a killer}, heels by night!

Room to decorate- Family room or Living room

Magazine- Depends on the month. I subscribe to about eight. Elle Decor + House Beautiful are usually pretty good. I miss Domino + Cottage Living

Lipstick/lip gloss- gloss + I use DCT Blistex all day.

Designer-
Ruthie Sommers, Kelly Wearstler; I like how Kelly is moving away from Hollywood Glamour right now + Tom Scheerer

Organizational tool- Clean White Binders, manila folders and my white IKEA cabinet.

Chair- A Comfy over sized wing with large nickel nail-heads in a crisp white cotton or graphic fabric such as LuLu DK's Chant.

Big box store- Target

China pattern- Murray Hill - Lenox {I should use it more often, it's timeless}

Handbag- I love Chloe bags..{I have yet to afford one}


Towels- Fluffy white or deep brown cotton towels. Thomas O'Brien for Target.

Soap- Cucumber - Dove + Molton Brown hand soap

Current Trend- Casual Elegance

__________________________________
I hope you all enjoyed the third round of Blogger's Favorite Everything featuring Julie. Thank you again Julie for taking the time to do this!!

15 comments:

bluehydrangea said...

I have loved reading all 3 of the bloggers favorite things. Can't wait to see who you pick next!!

Unknown said...

A girl after my own heart! We have a lot in common. :)

Jackie said...

What a great series! I love these kind of interviews, as they give me ideas on what to try. (Like I now what some white pottery barn dishes).

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Love this series. And I'm a big fan of Julie's Blog!

Megan said...

I found your blog through Julie's and am so glad to read your feature on her favorite things, what a great idea! I can't wait to start reading along here on Everything LEB for the next feature!!

stringkelly said...

I concur, this is such a fun series. I love getting a glimpse into good taste - makes me feel like junior high when you're proud of yourself for liking what the cool girls like :).

alison giese Interiors said...

Smooch - Love it!

Daly Essentials said...

this is great! Thanks so much for introducing me to Shelter! I've now added it to my favorites too!

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

I love this new series you're doing. It's so much fun.

Haven and Home said...

This makes me want to go shopping! I love those flowers!

Waxy said...

Great series! More!

Abby said...

Shelter is one of my favorite daily reads too! This is a great series, I can't wait to read more.

Jennifer said...

loving this series!

paula said...

great favorites! I just love the faux bois walls.

Unknown said...

this is seriously a great series!! i'm addicted!
xox