5.08.2009

WANTED: more space!

City life is great, and believe me I would not give it up for anything BUT a little more space. Closet space, floor space, and just some me space. When the BF and I moved in together his one requirement was having an office. Actually it was my requirement too because he is a complete disaster and pack rat and I refuse to look at his mess everyday. Looking back on it, I should have insisted a space of my own too...well because this is what my family room floor looks like on a daily basis (and this is after I had cleaned up a bit)


Who is the disaster now? Ummm yup, that's me.

I think that's the ironing board in the top left corner too. I always have some type of project going and it would be nice to be able to have my own office too. His and hers offices are a must in the next place!

What is one thing that you love about your home now? OR what is one thing that is a requirement in your next home? (can be real home, vacation home, dream home)

Do share!

10 comments:

Lindsay @ Makely said...

We built a new house last year and my one deal breaker was that I HAD to have a craft/sewing room. I'd like to say that I use it a ton, but I usually bring my stuff downstairs and spread it out on the floor like you do. :)

Tara Vorhes said...

We had the requirement for an office that we would share- it is great for the computers/desk but does not have enough room for crafting. Next time I will also be requiring a much bigger space so there is room for crafting project work!

Rebecca Corvese said...

It is almost impossible for me to list just one thing that I want in my next home... but 12' ceilings is definitely on the top of my list! I have 8' ceilings now and it really has an impact on how you can design a room!

Plush Palate said...

I love living alone because the same is truly "me"!

Arianna Belle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arianna Belle said...

I love that my home is a "fixer upper" because I can renovate it just the way I want to. I also love that it's right next to a Trader Joe's market --soo convenient!

Brilliant Asylum said...

I love the all of the old, established hardwood trees surrounding our house--even though I live in fear of one crashing through the roof.

The list for the next house is pretty long, but I might start with a bigger closet. Mine now is pretty sad.

pve design said...

I love my home, full of light - but with the new addition, I will soon (well in a year) have my very own studio space to design, create and inspire my artful life!!! I can hardly wait!
pve

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I think in my next home- I would love a room for me. Where I can spread out and craft, sew, draw, paint, blog- whatever! Somewhere for me to get away!

LindsB said...

So, I think some craft, art, me space is def in order for the next place- I agree with all of you. Oh, I forgot an ironing room. My mom has one and its great- you never have to put the ironing board away!