5.14.2009

Fight Club

I started my chair recover project last night. After posting about it and reading all the great comments I was really motivated.



Well... after two hours of man handling some pliers and about a million staples later, I didn't get very far.

This was all that I got off of the chair




And this is what the chair looked like



You can't really tell from this picture but my hand is bright red, I have blisters starting to show and I am in PAIN!



So...at the moment the chair and I are in a fight. Big fight. I know I will win in the end, but its taking some time to dismantle and get all those stubborn staples out- ugg!

I'm resting my hand but will be back at it again very soon- this chair is going down.

9 comments:

KM said...

you crack me up!! i'm dying over here...
did you pick a fabric yet?
i have TWO chairs i am dying to have reupholstered but am SO super scared to do it myself. kudos to you for having the kahunas to do it!! i can't wait to see how it turns out!!!!
btw- my mother LOVED her hand crafted cards. thank you so much (and for the little extras too!) :)
xx
kara

Rachel said...

Poor dear! BUT, you're right... The fight will be won by you and it'll all be worth it, right?!?!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

This post made me laugh. Good luck! Can't way to see how it ends up.

Anonymous said...

ohhh...man...i hope you prevail!!

cotedetexas said...

hehe~~~!!
can't wait to see it finished, your poor hands!
Joni

My Notting Hill said...

wow - I'm just about to start a similiar fight with a chair of mine. I have complete confidence you will win!

Haven and Home said...

Hold on....you can upholster?!?!?!? I am very very impressed. I can't wait to see the finished product!!!!! It is my dream to reupholster my own furniture! Why don't we live closer together?

LindsB said...

Hahha, thanks for the confidence Marianne I would not say I can upholster exactly, I can put some fabric on a chair and throw a few staples in it to make it look good- if I had to do piping or sewing multiple pieces together thats another story. You should move to Boston!!

Or we should plan a huge blogger get together, that would be a blast.

Lauren said...

hahaha oh no!!!!