4.27.2009

Love You Grandpa

Grandpa 1926 - 2009

Last Friday we lost a precious member of our family. My Grandpa passed away after suffering a stroke. He leaves a huge hole in all of our hearts and especially my Grandmas, whom he spend the last 50+ years with.

Many of my fabulous childhood memories are filled with times up at my Grandparents lake house in Maine. I can't count how many times my Grandpa would drive his boat in circles around the lake pulling me or my cousins water skiing or tubing. Always doing it with a smile on his face, asking if we wanted to go just one more time. He was the person who taught me how to fish, look for crawdads under rocks and drive a boat. I'll never forget when he bought a little metal boat just for the grand kids and named it "Kids Boat" so we always had a way to get into town to get some ice cream or candy.

My whole family will be spending this Friday together celebrating his life and what would have been his 83rd birthday. I love you Grandpa!

Boathouse on the lake in Maine

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Grandpas are the best like that. I think he and mine would have gotten along great. Shoot, they are probably driving the boat around and fishing in heaven. :) I'm so sorry for your family's loss, but so happy you are able to reflect on all of the great memories. My thoughts and prayers will be with you this week.

Katy said...

Aw Linds what a special post. Grandpa will love the tribute. I hope Friday is the perfect day for you and your family :)

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh sweetie I'm so sorry to hear this news. It's never easy to lose anyone and I never know exactly what to say, but I'm here for you if you need anything at all. Your family is in my prayers.

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. Will be praying for you. So glad y'all are getting together to "celebrate" his life!

LindsB said...

Thank you all for such nice comments, you are all so sweet!

pve@pvedesign.com said...

Oh, my heart is with you.
Celebrate your Grandpa.

Haven and Home said...

I don't know how I missed this, but I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I will be thinking about you.

徵信社 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.