3.26.2009

Let out your inner child

Today over at the Washington Post, there is an article on the actress Ali Wentworth's house. As I was flipping through the pictures I came across this wonderful craft room she created for her kids. I LOVE this, I would have died for a space like this when I was a kid. So much room to let young minds run wild and create anything they imagine.


She used an old extra large textile table she got at a flea market. Paired with the school chairs and the buckets of supplies I can only imagine the finger painting, crayon drawing and clay playing that goes on here.

Today I would still love for a craft space of my very own. One in particular that I love is because it belongs to the Queen of Crafts, the one and only Martha Stewart.



Of course it is completely organized and has a spot for every single tool known to man. It would be so nice to have a designated space just for sewing, just for paper crafts and just for painting. I die.

Photos from Washingtonpost.com and marthastewart.com

8 comments:

pve design said...

I wonder if M has a taser if you get anything out of order there. I would love to find out.

Unknown said...

I would love to be that organized! Patricia, your comment is hilarious!

LindsB said...

Patricia that is great! I'll have to look into it and see if she has any kind of security system in place :)

Mrs. Limestone said...

I don't have children so maybe Im jumping the gun here - but I think I would give my second born for that craft room. :)

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Wow I love Martha's room. Totally jealous. I would love a space like that!

Are you feeling any better?

LindsB said...

Aw, thanks for thinking of me Camila- I'm feeling 100% better than I was. I still have this nasty dry cough and a runny nose, but anything is better than being tied to a couch 24/7 feeling like death. I'm actually glad to be back at work because I hate being sick so much! xoxo

Haven and Home said...

Where was a room like that when I was kid? That Martha space always amazes me. I am pretty organized but I could NEVER keep that up. I can try though...

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Love Martha's craft room. Amazing.