1.14.2009

A Little Detail

Awhile back I had asked for help on what I should use as a border on my curtains and got lots of great advice. I finally decided the satin ribbon I bought was too shiny and not to use it... I used it for bows on some of my Christmas presents instead. After searching for the right material I finally found this awesome site for twill tape and decided to go with it. After a few clicks, three days, and $14 later my 72 yard roll of 1.25" white twill tape arrived and I could not be happier!


before

It will only be a subtle difference, but one that will be noticeable to me. It bothers me that the curtains and the couch are too close in color, so I hope this will make a little difference in the look. (silly me didn't realize that when I bought them both, and right now its not in the funds to replace either so I have to work with it)

I started adding the border last night, so hopefully I should be done soon. I'll post pictures of the end result soon, so keep an eye out.

5 comments:

Haven and Home said...

Can't wait to see the end product, sometimes the littlest details make the biggest difference.

Unknown said...

can't wait to see the after as i've been eyeing some ikea curtains (for the apartment i don't have mind you) and adding grosgrain ribbon to give it a more custom look.

by the way - how did you get your page to be so wide?! i've been looking for how to do this for a while....

Lauren said...

I can't wait to see!! (It already looks pretty! Love the silhouette on that lamp!:)

LindsB said...

Hey Kay- Under the customize tab on the very top of your blog, then under layout, and pick a new template. There should be a bunch in there- email me if this does not make sense and I'll explain it a little better :)

No.35style said...

Can't wait to see!