5.18.2012

One thing at a time

Since the day my kitchen got a little upgrade with a new rug I have been meaning to tackle the window situation I've got going on in there.  My apartment doesn't get much light as it is, so I don't want to block any of the precious sun light that comes in. But I also need to address the privacy issue as the neighbors across the alley seem to always sit and look right into our kitchen all the time! 

I guess the apartment blinds might have to stay for now, but I can at least make a cute faux roman shade or hanging valance to dress it up.  I have a few yards of this that I might use, but deciding on a style is the 1st priority.


Since I cant make a decision to save my life I've been searching for inspiration











Cant go wrong with orange and blue of course



Pretty trim!



I could even get away with doing a no sew option, I like that easy idea!

Source: houzz.com via LindsB on Pinterest


AND..... Pinterest has officially set me off on a wild goose chase! I now want to rip apart our home office and install something like this, holy cow I'm in love!

I've got two short weeks till my next class starts. Think I can make a kitchen window treatment, renovate our office, and tackle the other million things on my list?  Yea, I guess I'm pushing it a tad.  One thing at a time is what I keep telling myself.

Have a good weekend everyone!!

7 comments:

Kim @ keller-creative said...

I LOVE the small shop studio one!

Katie of At Home When Im With You said...

Loving that feminine office- that wallpaper is amazing!

preppylove said...

I love the pretty yellow trim around that window! Yellow makes every room look happy.

xoxo

Ashley said...

Despite the short time frame, you can definitely tackle all your projects! I like the idea of using the blue printed fabric with a contrasting band trim--how fun would that be in your kitchen?

Waseem said...

All the shades look so special...like it...fantastic colours..

window shutters clayton, ca

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I think as long as it has some killer trim, you are golden.

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

ooh so much fun - i love new window treatments. im sure you could get something relatively inexpensive like the romans at West Elm and add some bomb trim to it for a custom cuteso look! i cant wait to see what you decide.