1.27.2012

lipstick and pigs

Did you read the latest issue of House of Fifty yet?  It's great, maybe my favorite one yet- but then I say that about all the newest magazines.

Anywoo, my friend Danika's bathroom was featured, along with her awesome company O'verlays.  Seriously these things are the best invention since sliced bread.  I even used them on one of my own projects that you can see here.

Back to the point- just look at this before and after

before... 1960's dated yellow loveliness

After... hello lover!!
Paint and a little elbow grease seriously can do it all people!

Her bathroom makes me think I could give my rental bathroom a makeover.  The pepto pink tiles are just itching for a makeover too.  Check out more awesome projects and O'verlay stuff on her blog Gorgeous Shiny Things. 

Have a good weekend everyone!

14 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

I was blown away by Danika's transformation with O'verlays...and a lot of paint!

Thanks for the shout out for the newest issue of House of Fifty as well! Enjoy your weekend, Janell

Laura@JourneyChic said...

I couldn't believe that transformation when I saw it! Gorgeous!

pve design said...

Fun! What a swell bathroom. I want to have a party in there.
pve

Danika Herrick said...

Thanks girlfriend!
Bathroom party? HA! I love it!
xo

Have a kickass weekend!
D

Ashley said...

So absolutely awesome. I love it!

Sketch42 said...

THATS AWESOME. Sorry for the caps, but it is.

Daily Cup of Couture said...

amazing!! so inspiring! what a total transformation! xx

Unknown said...

wow! i'm speechless. i love that they were able to keep some of the original features, it works!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

I had to go back and forth between the two pictures to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. I couldn't believe that's the same bathroom! Way to go Danika!

Rachel Hazelton Interior Design said...

Great blog..what a fantastic cabinet makeover. I just found you via a link from an Australian blog, Table Tonic. So, I was so surprised to see that you are in Boston too. Looking forward to reading more. ;)
Rachel

for the love of a house said...

It is indeed a great issue- I loved it too; and I thought of "you" when I saw that overlay article as your blog was the first place I read about the brilliant concept!

Hope you are both well!!
xojoan

lemondropdreams said...

After seeing Danika's I tackled my dated bath this weekend!

p-l-a-i-d said...

O'verlays are amazing, they really transform a piece of furniture or a whole room!

Unknown said...

Probably the best 70's makeover of a bathroom Ive seen....
Nancy
http://www.powellbrower.com/2012/01/hallway-zhushing.html