2.12.2010

friday ritual

In my house Friday night is pizza night.
Growing up it was ritual, it was just expected that every Friday we were having pizza for dinner.  It made my brother and me happy and it made my Mom happy that she didn't have to plan another meal (and for the record she is an amazing cook and always made sure we had a well rounded meal with a starch, veggie and protein every single time).  We always ate as a family and pizza night was no exception, we just ate it on paper plates with those wicker charger things, you know picnic style.  This was another thing about Friday night that we all loved, no dishes.  


Now that I am grown up and living with the BF we are carrying on the tradition.   Only this time I get to enjoy the wine with dinner.  It's the simple things in life that make it enjoyable.


It's a long weekend for me so I'll be back Tuesday.  Have a great President's Day Weekend everyone!










(Photos from whig.com, martha stewart and royaljungleretreat.com)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

That Girl in Pearls said...

Love this!! Our ritual is pizza every Monday. $5.99 carryout special at Papa Johns :) And of course wine glasses too.

Beatriz.
thatgirlinpearls.com

K said...

LOVE that we aren't the only family - it started after the pint size family members arrived in place of happy hour appetizers serving as Friday dinner! It is also the only night Mama doesn't cook in our house!

We Blog Artists said...

Tradition is SO important...lovely to meet you...this is my first time here.
Char

Jenna @ Mi Vida Bonita said...

Love the tradition! Lucky...I have work Monday...boo hoo. ENjoy your long weekend! :)

MFAMB said...

as a member of the gluten and dairy allergy club i, sadly, cannot eat pizza. but i think it's great that you have this tradition. every family needs at least one food related tradition.
and don't dare anyone tell me about gluten free pizza and soy cheese. that shit is nasty.
valentines hugs to you lindsb..

Laura Trevey said...

sounds like a great idea for tonight!!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

We were just putting our pizza order together!! Usually though my husband and daughter make the pizza, even the crust dough from scratch. It is so good! Enjoy your long weekend...Janell

pve design said...

Great! I love rituals that just make one appreciate pure simplicity. I need to make friday night pizza night. We have "tacos" on Tuesday!
My kids love making tacos - piling on all the things they like, cheese, sour cream, sauce etc-
pve

boops said...

sweet :)

Erika Ward said...

i love that you and the BF establish family traditions as well. the wine is a great addition!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the kudos!
love you M

Rhiannon Bosse said...

I love this post. It makes me really really happy :)

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

We had pizza night on Fridays too, growing up! I think I may need to bring that tradition back...

paula said...

love pizza, especially homemade.

Fargerike Dagny said...

WHat a great ritual! I may steal it from you. Even the paper plates!

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

sounds like a wonderful friday night! i hope you had a great LONG weekend!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Sounds like a perfect carried on ritual! Most fridays we do this...and the adults have a margarita as we wait!

Anonymous said...

I have done this SAME thing. My parents always did pizza on friday and I do the same now. Got a fabulous pizza stone for an engagement gift and now we make our own. such a great tradition!!