11.16.2009

Lesson Learned



Remember in Home Alone when Kevin climbs Buzz's bookshelves to try and get to his piggy bank? You know the part where the tarantula gets loose?

So, if you know what I'm talking about you remember the part where the shelves crack right down the middle and everything comes crashing down.

Here's where the warning comes in- it really can happen, I did it this weekend. Stupid me was on an organization rampage and the little step ladder I have was not tall enough to reach the top shelf in the linen closet. So...I thought just a little step wouldn't hurt, then I could reach the top- WRONG.

I came crashing down along with everything else I had just neatly organized on the shelves. At this point I was so overtired I sat there and cried at my own stupidity.

So...lesson learned- do not climb on shelves, they do break.


You may now go back to your regularly scheduled programming.

18 comments:

Haven and Home said...

Oh no! That has happened to me, I know how you feel. I am sorry that happened!

Laura Trevey said...

uh oh!!!

alison giese Interiors said...

Oh, good God! I'm just glad you didn't crack your ankle in two. Careful, You!!!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Oh...I'll remember that. This would be so completely something I would try, just to get the job done fast. Hope you were not hurt!
Funny closing line...Janell

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

I'm so sorry! That is terrible. But at least it was in the privacy of your own home. Imagine if you did it in a store or something...

I love that movie!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! hope you are okay. I would have totally sat and cried as well.

Also, LOVE Home Alone. It's on Demand this month too!

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

awwww mannnn!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

So, I'm laughing, but know that I feel bad about laughing. I'm sure I would have cried, too! At least no body parts were broken.

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Glad you are okay and can laugh about it. I think we have all done something similar at one time.

xo,
cristin

ps- since you have the organization bug - you'll have to drop by later today, I am hosting a great giveaway with great organizational products.

Ms. Bright said...

I swear I'm not laughing...but the image is pretty hilarious! I would've thought about Home Alone if you hadn't said it!!! LOVE that movie (P.S. The house it was filmed in belonged to a friend of a friend!) I'm glad you didn't get seriously injured. This is TOTALLY something I would do!

pve design said...

Oh dear, I hope you are ok. I hate when I am in a hurry and things like that happen.
Good lesson to not climb on shelves.
take care...
pve

court. said...

wow. This would happen to me in a heart beat. I'm glad you're ok. You need a glass of wine!

Chic Coles said...

That is such a sad story! I always do that at the grocery store because I am so short and always need to get the item at the top of the shelf...I would cry if that happened to me too.

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

I hope it didn't hurt too bad!

Lauren said...

oh my gosh!!! oh noooooooo!!! that's awful. :( i think i would have cried too!!

paula said...

oh no. happy you are okay though.

Rachel said...

OMG!! Sounds like something that would happen to me!
I fell through the ceiling from the attic into the garage one year while I was up in the attic looking for Christmas decorations! Fun.

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

This was a great movie! xx