4.26.2013

Master Makeover

A few weeks ago I was asked by a client / friend to help give her master bedroom a little sprucing.  With a limited budget she wanted to keep her current bedroom furniture and basic tan and white bedding but add a few accessories to pull the space together.  Painting was not tops on the list, but with the right accessories she could be convinced to repaint the space. A rug was a must because her one year old son plays on the floor while she gets ready in the morning and she wanted to have a comfortable place for him.

When I asked how she wanted the room to feel she said, "like I'm on vacation at the beach, but without the light blues, seashells and typical beach chotchkies."

Here are the two plans I came up with- one I thought her husband would like  and one I knew she would like.  The hard part is coming up with a compromise for both of them. (the nightstands represent the current finish on the existing bedroom furniture)



In the end I think we might pick and choose from both- but that just makes for an even more personalized space that works for the whole family.

Happy Weekend everyone!

13 comments:

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

Love these, I could totally move into #2 as is. I think the rug is my favorite part.

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

i love this!!!! i love the art in the first one and the feel of BOTH of them! i bet she LOVES these!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I'm good with this. That's how I want to feel around my home....like I'm on vacation.

Unknown said...

Yes! Now how are they going to choose between the 2? Both are fantastic options.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Love the idea of vacation trickery at home. Love them both but I think #2 is my favorite.

designchic said...

I love the choices, but would choose #2 for the rugs...love seagrass and sheepskin!!

Unknown said...

Lovely choices! I could do either one, love the art in the first one..Hope you're weekend is great.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Anonymous said...

Great job! I love the second one. It looks so peaceful and the rug is perfect for the space.

Kim said...

Yep, I could take either and be tickled pink!! Or blue, as the case may be!! Love the art in #1 ... so peaceful for a bedroom!! xo

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

Both boards are great. Can't wait to see what she chooses!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

You can't go wrong with those lamps! Gorgeous design. So excited to be your newest follower!

XO,

Sam
www.thePeakofTresChic.com

Colleen said...

Where are the night stands from? I need new ones and those are really cute.

LindsB said...

Colleen, When I was putting these together I just grabbed an image that matched the color of their existing furniture from google and didnt make a note of where they were from. I'm so sorry!