4.12.2013

Gilded Love

I've got a little bit of an obsession with gilded frames lately.  Or gilt, gilded, gold, antique gold, gold leaf...any of the above.  They are just so pretty and come in so many different style frames.  From simple to ornate a gilded frame works in jut about any style home from country to modern. 





Albert Hadley's Living Room via NY Times Magazine and Matchbook Mag

Rita Konig's Home via Style at Home





Like everything else that is gold, gold, gold these days, I love my frames to be gold too!

Happy weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

I love all the gold too and I adore all of these gallery walls...

pve design said...

I too admire a good gilded frame but we had one painting framed by a top framer years ago and the frame is that of a sort of driftwood or rough hewn wood, like bark and I love it. I think it all depends on the artwork. A good framer is always advisable.
Many of the original impressionist artists framed their work with a simple bit of wood slat. Simple but pure.
Sorry for rambling....framing is so personal.
pve

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I'm with you on this one. I am worried that I will go too far with it. I tend to be all or nothing.

StagerLinda said...

Love gilded frame!They come in so many styles. The gallery walls are sensational.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Totally agree. That's why I'm painting my new chandy gold. Let's hope it looks as good as these pictures!

Kayla aka Kilo Bravo said...

Love this round up. My brass gold spray paint is my new best friend, but I really should keep my eyes out for the real mccoy...

Unknown said...

I agree, I love gold now and always have used it, I never turned it away!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Anonymous said...

I totally used to be scared of gilded frames. Thought it looked old lady. Obviously it is chic! Love these pics.
Thanks!
Megan