3.15.2013

Yo yo weather

I like to call this time of year the yo-yo season.  Some days the weather is sunny and a balmy 60 out (that's 60 degrees F for well, the whole world except the US).  But just when you thought it was open window season, the next day it drops down to a cool 35.  Then, just when you get your winter jacket back out, you have to put it away because it's 70 out again.  I mean really Mother Nature, can we please get some consistency here?

While Mother Nature is figuring out what the heck is going on, Trader Joe's sure knows.  On my weekly trip yesterday I noticed the flowering branches are back!  I was so excited to see them alongside the tulips.  Spring really is right around the corner - even if its only 35 out today!

Apartment Therapy

Kevin Sharkey via Martha Stewart

Domino Mag

Jenna Lyons Home

Martha Stewart

Style at Home photo by Stacey Brandford

I can't wait till the forsythia in front of my apartment is ready to snip! I'll be out there everyday cutting new branches for my apartment.

What's your favorite Spring bloom??


10 comments:

pve design said...

love pussy willows or any budding branch will do.
pve

Jeannine | The Small and Chic Home said...

I LOVE quince...but I'll take whatever I can find!

Cherry blossoms bloom in two weeks. I'm giddy!

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

Beautiful images! I love tulips...would love to have them in every room all the time :)

35...yikes! It was 91 here in LA yesterday...kinda too hot too soon. We always seem to get jipped out of spring and go straight to summer.

Have a great weekend!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Thank god for Trader Joes. Otherwise my cherry tree would be down to a stump.

emily fitzgerald {once in a blue room} said...

omg SUCH yo yo weather! i'm so antsy for it to just be SPRING so we can stop bundling up half the time.

hope you have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Lovely pictures..and the best part of it i love tulips

Android Developer

Alicia B. Designs said...

Perfect way to bring spring in even when it's cold out. I just bought a vase at Home goods that's perfect for this!
xoxo
Alicia

Unknown said...

Beautiful arrangement of flowers..:)
Android Developer

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

It snowed 5" yesterday. I am so mad at mama Nature. She hates me! Wonder who her favorite is? I love cherry blossoms.

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

I mean to snip flowering branches every spring but first I need to purchase a big tall vase to display them in. This will be the year.
By the way, can I publicly state here that I am SO sick of winter???? Just go away. No one wants you around anymore.