2.19.2013

Weekend Recap

I love it when my Monday morning is really a Tuesday morning, dont you?  Thank you Mr. Washington for the day off!

So it snowed again over the weekend, something new and different aorund here.  Not wanting to brave the snow and slush on Saturday morning I made muffins.
Photobucket

First time I had used my muffin tins that I got for my shower over 2 years ago!?! I had to pull off the packaging and stickers, guess thats how often I bake. Except for last weekend when I made cookies, two weekends in a row, woah!! Watch out, next week I might just make something real fancy.

Speaking of making something, I also made blue cheese stuffed olives for my dirty martinis- which to me are the best.  But then Joan reminded me that jalapeno stuffed olives are really the best.  I have to say it's a tie- they both are pretty awesome

Photobucket

And in other news I finally crossed over to the Apple dark side and got myself a MacBook!  It is taking some getting used to, but so far so good. 

Photobucket

I'm really loving the simplicity of everything.  But I am a total tech idiot- tell me oh wise ones, what do I need to know about my new laptop?

How was your weekend?




11 comments:

Belle on Heels said...

Look at you, baking up a storm! Muffins, martinis...you're practically June Cleaver!

Unknown said...

i want a macbook!!!!!

PS pass it on - giveaway going on at my blog :o)

Unknown said...

Oh yum @ those drinks!!!!

Lilacandgrey said...

yum! dirty martinis!

Lilacandgrey said...

yum! dirty martinis!

for the love of a house said...

A 'dirty' martini with 2 jalapeno stuffed olives sounds delish about now!! (but I'll wait an hour and a half until its officially Happy Hour:) Must admit those blue cheese olives look pretty darn good;) I'm impressed you made them. Dan's always trying to get me to go to the dark side, so I look forward to hearing how you like it!
xxoj.

Anonymous said...

Yummo! Those muffins look delish :) Total envy over the mac book, that think is a beaut!

Kim said...

Blue Cheese Olives, can I come over??? The mac book thing. I am extremely un-tech. And I LOVE my mac. Actually find it to be far more user friendly ... it took some getting used to... will NEVER go back!! xo

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

All good things happen with a Mac. You will love it just as I love that dirty martini :)

Unknown said...

Youre going to love your MAC. good luck with the transition- you just have to think more simply and the apple language makes perfect sense. Pass that martini on over here-looks good.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Deborah said...

I'm Mac since 1989 - sheesh I am old! - and you will NEVER go back as someone already said. I got a MacBook for Christmas from my hubs and I LOVE carting it around the house and it's so much faster than my iMac. LOVE IT.

Best tip - don't fight it, just love it.