4.30.2012

If it works in nature

In one of my classes last semester we had to explore color pallets and what colors looked best together.  One of the exercises was to notice that what works in nature can work in interior design.  I found many many beautiful photos of vivid & bright colors, but these two just happened to be my favorite


I never would have guessed that bright pink fish could work so well in a room, but it does!


(photos from indulgy.com & via Design Sponge of Kate Schintzius from M. Design Interiors home, photo by Justin Officer)

9 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

Lovely! Such great colors!

Sam said...

I love the blue walls with pink and gold accents!

April of Smidge Of This said...

Fantastic philosophy! Our living room has blue and coral accents -- I love the pairing.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

A perfect match!

Ashley said...

So true. Nature is a wonderful source of color inspiration!

Unknown said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Great sourcing! My neighbor just uses EVERY color....shhh, don't tell her it is a bit much.

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Oh wow, these two pair so well. Just love those colors.

Katie - House Rules said...

That's so interesting to think about! Love it.