3.09.2012

not talking mollusks

I find myself focusing on the small details lately.  I get the whole picture of a space, but I want to know whats really going on there.  What small details and tiny extras are there to make all the difference in the world.  If I'm learning one thing in school it's that the details count.  Then again I am crazy anal, so maybe I already knew that one.

Anywoo- I'm loving scalloped detailing lately.  I see it mostly in bed linens, but I love it on drapes, clothing, paint techniques and so many more. 

The bed linens I really want don't fit in my budget right now (think D. Porthault, Leontine Linens, Frette, etc.) but all this scalloped eye candy sure is making me wish I'd win the lottery soon

Elle Decor photo by Simon Upton

Aerin Lauder's home via Vogue

Elle Decor photo by Simon Upton

Elle Decor photo by William Waldron



via Lonny Mag design by Elizabeth Bauer








Rita Konig's bedroom  Photo by James Merrell 

Lonny Mag design by Blair Clark


Anyone have any good sources for affordable scalloped linens? Do share!



Happy Friday lovers!

13 comments:

Kim @ keller-creative said...

I thought Pottery Barn did but turns out it was a ruffled edge. I know I've seen them somewhere though. I'll keep my eyes out for you.

Kim

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Pin overload! What great inspiration! You might try jreneeonline or Neiman Marcus.

Unknown said...

Back in 2007 or 2008, Laytners linens had a blue scallop collection, almost identical to the last picture (minus the comforter) that was so inexpensive. Luckily I got a full set (sheets, duvet, shams, shower curtain). But sadly they do not make it anymore, and I so wish they would bring it back.

EJR said...

north home makes a great looking scalloped duvet and sheet set

mosaicology said...

I couldn't agree more! Love repeated patterns. And enchanted by all the inspiration here! I am working on a pattern with spirals which you can see on my blog's banner. I really hope to find the time to conclude the project. I will love to get your opinion ! xoxoxo

Magda

Karena said...

Beautiful scallops and I love the pewter poster bed!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Chic Coles said...

How is it Phoebe Howard makes up the most beautiful beds? Have a great weekend.

Danika Herrick said...

I have had them on the brain too my Scorpio sister! I am loving J.Crew's scalloped edge shorts, wish I knew how to hem like that b/c I'd just shorten an old pair of mine.
Also, my bathroom is on hold right now because I am so overwhelmed with it... considered doing a simple scalloped pattern there too. F** design brain!
xo
D

Deb said...

Swoon! Thanks for all the great images - I typically think of the scallop edge as so girly, but you let me see it as super sophisticated too!

Deb

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Oh, I know! Why is it that everything I MUST have is so expensive??? I'll be coming back to follow up on your commenters recommendations.

Terese said...

j crew has great scalloped shorts too! http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/shorts/novelty/PRDOVR~68182/68182.jsp

Julip Made said...

Such gorgeous inspiration, especially Rita Konig's bed. Looks like the absolute best place for breakfast/ blogging in bed. I too am starting to realize the importance of the little details and styling of the little details. It can really make the room/ picture!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh my gosh these are just gorgeous, I love them all.