1.04.2012

My favorite labeling tools

So as I was putting together this list, I obvi thought of more than 3.  So here are a few of my favorite labeling tools that I could not live without (see previous post for my favorite storage containers)


Brother P-Touch Label Maker - No words needed, everyone needs a label maker.

Avery Shipping Tags - I asked my mom to get me a box of these for Christmas and she thought I had lost my mind.  She was like, seriously a box of 1,000 tags will make you happy on Christmas morning?!? It did, and I have already found so many ways to use them around my apartment.  Paired with clear labels made from my Brother P-Touch label maker these are organization perfection! 
Tag punch - I love this punch because it allows me to make tags in any color paper I want.  I use this to make gift tags for presents, wine bottle tags, and it came in handy when making favors and other items for my wedding.  Actually this thing is worth its weight in gold as I could not have finished my wedding favors without it.

Metal Rim Tags - I used these to cover the hole on my Ikea Knuff wood magazine holders.  They are the perfect size and if you get the prestrung or split key ring kind they are useful for labeling so many things.  (I also used these to label to the metal baskets in my linen closet, see yesterdays post for more on the metal baskets)

Sharpie Permanent Marker - Every home should have a box of these, they are perfect for addressing shipping boxes, labeling storage boxes for the basement, and are a lifesaver when it comes to moving boxes!  Buy a box of them, I swear they disappear more than socks in the laundry.

Fine tip Sharpie Markers and regular craft Pentel Markers - You might not need both sets of these markers but I love having the options of using the fine tip Sharpie or the craft markers.  Plus both look so neat and pretty in their own Container Store box labeled MARKERS.  Yes, I have issues.


Clearly you don't need all 3 types of tags or both sets of markers.  One of each would do just fine to help you get organized.  But, the label maker is without a doubt my favorite tool.  I might love it even more than spray paint, gasp! 

Use any of these labeling items paired with yesterdays favorite storage containers and you are well on your way to an organized and happy home!

10 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh I do love labeling and the supplies that go with it. Thanks for sharing your favorites.

Karena said...

Oh dear, now I Really must accept how disorganized I am!! This is a selection that would make anything FUN to label and put in its place.

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Hello Lover... said...

I love getting organized - these are some fun tools!

Check out my first giveaway!
http://helloloverofbeautifulthings.blogspot.com/

Lilacandgrey said...

Love this!

pve design said...

Fantastic tips for tags and keeping everything organized. I just finished boxing up my Christmas wraps and supplies for next year. I plan to be ready!
pve

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

i SO want a label maker!

Belle on Heels said...

I am so glad you did these posts! My #1 resolution is to get our house in order this year. It's a disaster after a year of nothing but moving and wedding planning. This is SOOOO helpful!

Jordan - Queen of LA! said...

i love love loveeeeee those sharpies! i asked for the big pack of rainbow sharpies for my birthday and it was seriously one of my favorite gifts ever!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Oh, I wish I had the motivation to actually get excited about organizing and use these! Those little key tags are so damn cute!

Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

Tag punch!? I need that.