10.03.2011

Pumpkin what?

When I was little I feel like the only pumpkins to be had at Halloween time were the regular old jack o lantern pumpkin variety.  Maybe it was only kind at the pumpkin patches my parents too me too, or maybe I just lived under a rock.  But, these days I feel like there are so many choices when it comes to picking out your annual Halloween Pumpkin. 

Regular old pumpkins

Mini pumpkins in white or orange

More ordinary pumpkins, sugar pumpkins to be exact, 
and the perfect pumpkins to make pumpkin pie with.


or so I'm told, I don't actually know for sure because I always thought this is where pumpkin pie came from

Anywho- look at all these pretty varieties of pumpkins (or gourds, not exactly what the differences is anyway)

Fairytale Pumpkins, or the proper name is Musquee de Provence

Cinderella Pumpkins, or the proper name is Rouge vif D'Etampes

Carnival Pumpkins

Jarrahdale Pumpkin

Crown Prince Pumpkins

Bumpkins, or the proper name is galeux d'eysines

Turk's Turbin- I love all the colors these pumpkins have

Lumina Pumpkins


This past weekend I went to pick out our Halloween pumpkins and came home with a large Lumina pumpkin.  I love its white color and that its different from the normal Halloween pumpkin.  But because I'm also a stickler to tradition, I also came home with a small sugar pumpkin.  I had to have an orange one somewhere.  It just wouldn't be Halloween without one, right?

So, my friends, what kind of pumpkin is your favorite this season?

2 comments:

Kim @ keller-creative said...

I don't remember seeing many lumina pumpkins until this year but I absolutely love them and think its the pumpkin for me this year.

alison giese Interiors said...

Love the Luminas, too, but would have to have a Cinderella if I came across one!