7.20.2011

twiney fun

Bakers twine has been around for a long time so obvi this is nothing new- BUT, I am obsessed with all the colors I keep seeing it in these days.  All these crafts and uses around the house has me wanting to pick up a few spools of it...or maybe all of the colors.



So many colors, so many uses!

 dress up a plain brown paper package...come on sing the song with me.  "Brown paper packages tied up with string, these are a few of my favorite things."  You're welcome for getting that stuck in your head.

 how cute is this birthday cake bunting?

paper tags get an upgrade with pretty string 

 Oh Martha!

Cupcakes in a jar tied with a spoon to go- hello my new favorite snack!

more tags...


This isn't exactly a summer thing, but how cute is this hot cocoa mix in a jar?

So what other bakers twine ideas am I missing here?  Spill em people, I need a reason to justify my large purchase of bakers twine.


(Photos from: Divine Twine, Twisted Sugar Twine, Pinterest, Instructables, Martha Stewart, Oh Sugar Events, and uplusudesign.bigcartel.com)

9 comments:

pve design said...

great idea to twine it up for giving!
they use it at our local bakery and I love it each time I see it.
pve

April of Smidge Of This said...

What great pictures - and don't worry, you'll find a MILLION uses for your baker's twine! I think when the holidays roll around you'll be running out.

Anna@Directions Not Included said...

I love bakers twine for crafts. I use it often for decorating cards not just gift tags. Now I'm off to pin these sites so I can make a large purchase of pretty colored twine. Blogging is dangerous for the pocketbook. ;)

Ashley said...

I'm currently stockpiling colored baker's twine, so I can COMPLETELY relate to the obsession. But now new colors? I'm in trouble...

Fran said...

I love all their colors! Fabulous - I love using it for wrapping gifts!!

marla said...

I am addicted to bakers twine. Something so simple & happy :)

online counseling said...

Yummy cake, I sure it is chocolate cake. I also cook cake same this shape of cake on my birthday, but it was strawberry cake. you remind my old days.

Keri said...

Thank you for including our Twisted Sugar Twine!

Jenn @ Living Luxe for Less said...

What great ideas! I forgot about bakers twine...the colors from Twisted Sugar Twine are my favorite...I love the look of the simple brown paper with the twine, and what a great way to wrap gifts for less!