6.09.2011

Refreshing Dip


On hot days like these I like to be indoors in front of a blasting AC.  See, the heat and I don't mix.  I becoming this bloated sausage where my rings and shoes don't fit.  Is anyone else like that or am I just a freak of nature?


But if i did have to be outside, the above photo is where I would like to plant my bloated sausage body.  That pool looks so refreshing I want to jump through my computer screen and dive right in.

Thank goodness it's Thirsty Thursday.  Cocktails waiting for me at home are just about the best news ever right now.


PS- Dont forget to get your entry in for the $150 giveaway to Joss & Main.  Check it out HERE.


(photos from House and Home.  1st photo by Angus Fergusson , 2nd by Virginia Macdonald)

10 comments:

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

My fingers swell too!! What a beautiful home, dreaming!!

pve design said...

Our daughter was born in August, I still have memories of trying to move as slowly as possible, keep calm and carry on. I think I spent that summer in the water, we had no AC then. I know where my girl gets her feisty self from!
pve

Kathysue said...

I don't swell and I don't like to sweat so I don't mix well with the heat either. We have a pool and sometimes it is even too hot to swim here in the summer!! I loooove my AC!! Kathysue

pixelimpress said...

you should move to seattle. it'd be perfect for you. i crave the heat which is why i'm looking forward to our upcoming move to dallas.

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Summertime is my favorite time of year, but I will say if I'm outside it's after dark when things have cooled down or at the pool/on the water!

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

so jealous it's hot there...

Kim @ keller-creative said...

I totally identify with you... When I first moved to South Carolina I couldn't wear most of my shoes because my feet swelled so bad. Now that I've lived here for 5 years I'm finally a little more used to it, and I'd rather be hot then cold ANY day.

April of Smidge Of This said...

Freak of nature you are most certainly NOT! I think we all feel the same ... nobody wants stuck-on rings, makeup melt-down, and heavy humidity hair! A cool pool is just the trick.

Joanna said...

Very gorgeous house! I like the pool and it looks very inviting! Nice post, check out 3D Rendering

casey at loft and cottage said...

Um, wherever this house is, I will join you there. It looks incredible right now. Also really into that super light and distressed cabinet in the first pic.