4.21.2011

Gorgeous Genius

I seem to be on a fabric kick lately, but this talented blogger takes my love of fabric and DIY to another level!  For those of you who have never read her blog, you are missing one of my favorite DIY blogs out there- she is out of this world!

Meet Danika of Gorgeous Shiny Things.  This woman can turn anything into gold.  Yes, she is that magical.

See those chair cushions- she made them.  And I mean she MADE the fabric.

See that pillow...yup, made that fabric too.

GENIUS

I have got to get to work making my own!
Fabric, water and some fabric paint- and her directions found HERE

Step 1: wet fabric

 Step 2: paint

Step 3: dry and enjoy

Her genius doesn't stop at just fabric- look at these other jaw-dropping projects:



Faux Malachite Lamp.  Are you kidding with this one?? I'm in LOVE 


I have tomorrow off for Good Friday, so you better believe I am making my supply list today so I can get started on some of Danika's projects. 

Have a nice Easter Weekend everyone!

22 comments:

lizziefitz said...

Love the DIY paint your own fabric. Please come enter my first giveaway:)

lizziefitz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alison giese Interiors said...

IN. SANE. I was just googling faux malachite the other day, and it seemed like anything out there indicated it is H.A.R.D.
Totally impressed w/ her skilz. Heading over to see more.

Chyanne M. @ The Yuppie Lady said...

I so have to try this out too. The lamp, ummm, I'm no too sure about. She's amazing! Thx for sharing.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

wow, impressive!!! I'm inspired to try creating a pattern on fabric myself now...thanks for sharing! Janell

Danika Herrick said...

Whoa! So wasn't expecting this when I checked in this morning! Thank you so much for the love Linds. You made my week!
XO

Amanda @ Our Humble A{Bowe}d said...

Ok, love the DIY ikat type fabric! Must try this soon! Thanks for sharing. :)

LindsB said...

You deserve it Danika, you are superwoman when it comes to those DIY projects!

Ashley said...

Every morning I get so excited to see what Danika's cooked up. her suzani rug and malachite lamp totally floored me!

Julip Made said...

Wow! Really stunning, relatively inexpensive alternative to the rather expensive watercolor fabrics which I've been seeing around.

JMW said...

Wow, what a talent! Love that lamp!

bluehydrangea said...

I know!! Isn't she crazy good??!!

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Danika is super nice too. More people need to see her genius.

She's a great artist.

Dovecote Decor said...

Loved the post! Drop by to see our fabulous giveaway of a subscription to Traditional Home Magazine! You don’t want to miss out on this fantastic prize.
Best,
Liz

Lonely Wife Projecthttp://thelonelywifeproject.wordpress.com/ said...

Danika really is ridiculously good! I gasped when I saw her hand painted suzani rug.

pve design said...

What? Is this woman for real? What a talent.
pve

Stephanie Sabbe said...

awesome. I can see this not being awesome if I gave it a try, but she makes it look awesome.

nancy @ {COZAMIA} said...

OMG, that lamp!!! I need to learn how to do THAT! Thanks for sharing this!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I am impressed!

Interior Design Musings said...

Stop it!! She did not do that lamp?! I am blown away by these DIYs. M.

nelya said...

Um. Wow!

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Love this post!

xo,
cristin