4.27.2011

Classic not cutsie

Those are the words that my co-worker described when talking about how she wanted the nursery for her little boy to look. 

When I asked her what she liked she said: "brown & blue, stripes, damask, and dark furniture- more classic than modern.  I want it less baby looking and more baby, toddler, little boy- something he can grow into."

So off to work I went and this is what I came up with



pharmacy lamp, chair, ABC LOVE print Made by Girl, drapes, lamps, striped baskets, rug, gold pouf, crib, bear, dresser and bookcase are both craigslist finds.

I think this is a space that both Mom and Baby would be happy with for the long run.  Let's hope she likes it!

14 comments:

Stephanie Sabbe said...

love it. Remi has a bla bla lion:) It's really his mamas because she thought it was cute decor. have a baby!! kick the husband out of that office, make it a nursery!

Summer Athena said...

i love it tooooooo!

Fran said...

Love it - especially the curtains and the rug!! Great job!

Kim @ keller-creative said...

i love when baby rooms aren't covered in themes. this is adorable and I love the baskets!

Janette@the2seasons said...

We definitely like the classic look much better.

Julie said...

adorable!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I love it! I agree that classic baby rooms are much better; I can't stand rooms that are overly baby-fied!

pve design said...

Looking back, a nursery is a special time but so short lived. I love grown up looking baby rooms. All the cutsie cannot out live good classic lines. Love your design. Babies love mobiles and music....so you may want to add that....for what it is worth!
pve

Rashon Carraway said...

Oh yes. What a great mood board. I certainly can't wait to see the final product.



Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting

April of Smidge Of This said...

I think a lot of folks are starting to go this route. I love it! Those golden yellow curtains are just divine. Is that Dwell fabric?

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Beyond great, not cute at all but welcoming! This is definitely the way people are going with many nurseries these days! Love the drapery fabric with the lamps and the patterned rug. Janell

LindsB said...

Patricia you are so right, I forgot to include a fun mobile in this plan- must get that in there now :)

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Love the lamps with the drapes...great job.

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Gorgeous design! What a great color combo. I'm sure your friend will love it.