3.08.2011

The Who's Who

Sorry this post is a day late, lots of last minute things going on.  I have done as much as I can in advance for this wedding, but of course there are always things that can't be done till the last second.

One of those things is the wedding ceremony programs (we are writing the ceremony ourselves, which is why this waited till last minute) There are so many fun and creative ideas for guests to know who is who and the order of things.  These are my top favorites

Cute ribbon bound book with a scalloped edge

If I was getting married in the summer, these fans would be super cute

Or how about a hanging fan

I like the tri-fold look to these programs- the second one has really fun fonts which I LOVE

The road map version is perfect for a city themed wedding

These would look so pretty in a basket all piled up

This origami wedding program is so creative, how fun would this be to play with while waiting for the ceremony to begin?

Martha does it again, this hanging pocket program is great and eliminates the need for someone to hand them out


I will tell you that I have already planned out my programs- the materials are ready and they are being printed shortly.  If you want a hint- they are a combination of a few of the ideas I have listed above.

I promise to share them in about 18 days.


PS- it's not too late to change mine, so if any of you have seen a really fun and creative wedding program out there, please share!



(programs found via: Intimateweddings.com, Thebridespot.com, Martha Stewart, Theincrediblebride.com, Theindigobunting.com, createmyevent.com, and sdweddinginsider.com)

20 comments:

Summer Athena said...

all of these ideas are great. making the programs were one of my most favorite things!

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

those fans are genius for an outside wedding! I never would have thought of that. I also love the little booklets up top.

Karen said...

These are such fun ideas. The origami one might be a little impractical, but it's pretty clever. You must be getting so excited.

April of Smidge Of This said...

Oh gosh, these are lovely! I love the first sweet booklet with the scalloped edges, and the fans -- oh, the fans. I am leaning towards a fan for our programs. It will be an inside ceremony but in a somewhat tight arrangement, so I think going with that sort of program could be appreciated on a warm June day!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

These are all amazing, really looking forward to seeing what you do with yours! Janell

Stephanie Sabbe said...

love the folded paper game idea from when we were kids. so cute!

Karena said...

I love all the fun choices! the origami paper style is very fun!

Do come and enter my Artful Offering!It is truly beautiful!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

LOVE the tri-fold idea!

JMW said...

All great ideas! I really like the first one, as well as Martha's at the end. That red and blue color combo is fabulous!

emily said...

so stunning! that last martha one is killing me. beautiful!

seems like your wedding is going to be inspired and full of humor!

Nancy U said...

I had a friend who printed the program on white bags. Then filled the bags with popcorn! Too fun!

Marianne said...

So many great options! Can't wait to see what you choose.

Audreya said...

Our wedding program was more like a guide - not just the order or the ceremony and names of the bridal party. When I attended a wedding, I would find myself wondering "Which bridesmaid is Lisa?" "Is that his friend from college or their cool neighbor they talk about?" etc. So we actually put a photo of each attendant along with their name and then a couple of sentences about how we knew them, a favorite memory, or something like that. Yes, it made for a several page booklet (the order of the ceremony was at the front) but we got tons of compliments on it. It's not practical for everyone, but I'm glad we did it that way. However, the hanging Martha programs - LOVE!!

meghan said...

These are beautiful!

Thanks for sharing! I love the ones that fold into the outer program. So cute.

Lilacandgrey said...

all beautiful!

Navy Bean said...

Love these ideas! Not sure if you're binding your ceremony programs but embroidery thread is a great option over ribbon. You can get it in any color imaginable and it just looks very neat and tidy. That's what I used for mine:

http://navybeanonline.blogspot.com/2009/09/91507.html

Good luck with the last minute details!

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

How fun...all of these are adorable, but can't wait to see what you come up with! I'm hosting a giveaway today...could possibly be the something blue you have been looking for, maybe ;)!

Anonymous said...

so fun! we made our own too. so much work :)great ideas here. we ended up going with just a booklet type with riboon. simple but pretty. i am so excited to see how the day comes together!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

love these! i made my own the night before my wedding. i almost lost it! but loved them. they were very traditional and simple.

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

Oh, wow. Glad there weren't so many options when I was planning a wedding 14 years ago. My head would've spun off in over-excitement. My programs were straight up classic (and boring compared to all of these!).

Have fun!
Linsey