2.22.2011

need more space

Every inch of my apartment looks like this right now

I am up to my eyeballs in boxes, packing material, and more boxes!  But what came in those boxes are all the lovely shower presents my wonderful friends and family showered me with on Saturday.  I am the luckiest girl in the world!

me with my rehearsal bouquet

Flowers & food from the shower

Needless to say my kitchen is now outfitted with the latest and greatest of tools, gadgets and things that I would have otherwise waited years to purchase myself, and no place to put anything.

I need a butler's pantry or maybe an armoire...basically just more storage.  I wish I could wiggle my nose (or snap my fingers) and have an organized space that looks like these





For the next few months my online shopping will be craigslist and more craigslist.  Lets just hope the perfect storage solution comes up for me.


Oh and want to see the cutest shower favors my Mom had made for all the guests
Elephant cookies in my wedding colors!!
(and they tasted even better than they looked)


Alright off to unpack, run the dishwasher and make a few trash runs.

16 comments:

lizziefitz said...

Green with envy :0 I could really use another shower. When I got married I registered at Macy's , Pre Martha..HA! I'm not even that old?;0

Camila @ effortless style said...

Ummm I hope you saved your favorite NY friend a cookie or two!

Mom did good! What a lovely day you must have had. Totally well deserved.

xo,

Camila

Karena said...

How exciting and I can see you just glowing!!Keep us posted!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

Such cute cookies!

I feel your pain on kitchen space... I've resorted to keeping some things like cupcake stands (because we all need one of those) out on our three-season porch.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

the cookies are too cute and the flowers are gorgeous! love tulips.

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

I could use some of those armoires as well. Have fun with all of your prizes!

Dana Gastelum said...

haha I remember last year when my place looked like that filled with wedding gifts! It's so fun unpacking the kitchen stuff!! Although I'm in your boat - I desperately need a buffet or china cabinet now to hold everything! And I LOVE your elephant cookies!! :)

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Linds- What a gorgeous day and have fun with all your new treasures. The cookies are amazing.

Way to go Mom!

Loretta

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Fabulous!! And those cookies, too sweet! Janell

April of Smidge Of This said...

Those cookies! Amazing! What a sweet and personalized gift.

Cameron Curran said...

Shower gifts are so fun! The best shower gift would be someone coming home with you and finding the perfect spot to put it all. I have had such fun trying to make everything out and ready to use, not in boxes. Good luck!

Lauren said...

You look beautiful! Love those cookies!!
Xoxo,
Lauren

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

Your mom did a wonderful job on those elephant cookies...what a sweet, pun intended, shower favor and so personal! Love it! Great job to your mom!

Anonymous said...

love the cookies! Isn't it so fun? Enjoy every second from here to the wedding. You look wonderful!

Kathysue said...

How exciting for YOU. You have so much to look forward too. I love the idea of an armoire for kitchen storage, You will find the perfect piece,now that you are open to the idea it will come to you. Love the elephant cookies!! I just got an elephant table for the playroom and he is the cutest thing ever!!!! KS

Bunny said...

Congrats! Love those storage space photos, especially the first French Country cabinet. Check out our French Country design blog at www.couleurnature.com/couleurblog when you get over this wedding craziness!