11.19.2010

That time of year

Its that time of year again....CHRISTMAS!! 

(Insert me clapping my hands and jumping up and down like a complete two year old screaming SANTA!)


OK, now that that's over lets get back to the point.

Last year I started my big plans early and pulled off a pretty Peacock themed Christmas. But this year with all the wedding planning and such, Christmas planning kinda got put on the back burner till now.

But, I'm feeling that Christmas spirit now and started putting together my DIY list. Candy canes kept coming up again and again so I thought I'd share with you some fun DIY ideas involving that famous Christmas candy.
These are obvi sprinkles, but I think I'll make some of these with crushed up candy canes instead.  Whats not to love about pretzels, chocolate and candy canes?
No holiday is complete without a cocktail...or two 

 More chocolate and the perfect hostess gift or holiday party snack 

 Such a cute idea! I need to try this asap

These trees are too cute, they would be the perfect addition to a Candy Gingerbread house- why not make it a whole neighborhood with lots of houses and a few of these trees.


I can't just stop at Candy Canes, so over the next few weeks I'll post more of my favorite Christmas DIY ideas. 

Have any fun ones I should know about? Leave me a comment or email me, I'm always up for a new Christmas craft!
Happy Weekend Everyone!
(35 shopping days left)

30 comments:

Design Elements said...

lovely images. Love Candy Canes too :-)

Have a great weekend!

Kathysue said...

I am right there with you!! I love it all every single thing about the Christmas season. I have a candy post ready to go too. Love all of your inspiration images!! So fun and I think it brings out the kid in all of us, who doesn't like a good candy cane?!!! I have a few Christmas post up, would love for you to come by and take a peek. More to come!! Happy weekend dreaming of sugar plums!! Kathysue

Fran said...

Love your images!! I'm trying the gumdrop wreath this year! Can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

oh your making me hungry!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I am tempted to start decorating this weekend... these pictures are all so gorgeous!

abby jenkins said...

I wish I had an extra month or two to create all the Christmas crafts I have in my head. That green candy tree is my fave! I am going to try, again, this year to make our house out of gingerbread. Wish me lucK

Audreya said...

Ironic. Today I posted a blog about how it's not that time of year yet. But, for crafting and party planning purposes, I will conceed that it is. :-) And, I LOVE the candle with the candy canes around it. This time next week, maybe I'll make one!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

i love that candle idea! i bookmarked this :)

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

with your handy talent Im sure it will be gorgeous

Laura Trevey said...

Ooohhh... I love all the peppermints!

Unknown said...

i LOVE the holidays - love love love

Unknown said...

i LOVE the holidays - love love love

Unknown said...

i LOVE the holidays - love love love

Unknown said...

i LOVE the holidays - love love love

Amy said...

I too am a big fan of the holiday's but when I saw we had 35 days, I TOTALLY panicked, thanks a LOT! :) *Amy

Anna @ IHOD said...

Okay this post totally made me merry and bright:)
thanks for all the inspiration!
<3 Anna

pve design said...

love candles and adding fresh cut greenery!
pve

alison giese Interiors said...

Wow, when you put it that way (35 shopping days) it makes it seem RIGHT HERE - weeeee!!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

can't have the holidays without peppermint bark, yum!

Jo said...

Fabulous ideas! I love the martini with the mini candy cane. This would be perfect for my annual cookie exchange.

Jo

Karen said...

That ribbon candy tree is my favorite. Keep posting Christmas ideas, I can't get enough.

Jenn @ Living Luxe for Less said...

This is a great idea! I would love a delicious but simple recipe for peppermint bark...I hope you can fit that in for us this month! The one you pictured here looks great!

Megan said...

I'm addithoseng pretzels to my list for out holiday party- love your idea of using candy canes- so cute!

KCG said...

I'm so glad to hear someone else is as excited about the upcoming xmas season as I am! I love all of your ideas! I just went to ACMoore and bought clear glass ornaments, acrylic paint, ribbon, etc and I'm hoping to make some fun ornaments to give to friends, family and co-workers as gifts. I have not tried this before so I'm wondering if you have any tips for me? Something tells me you'd be better at this project than me! :)

Chic Coles said...

What fun projects.Candy cane candle we want to try. Your mantel last year is so beautiful.

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

So funny- you are the first person to tell me how many shopping days left til Christmas! I hadn't thought of that yet! :)

Laura @ LPC Interiors said...

Oh! I did a peacock theme last year too- loved it! So festive and fun.

Staci Edwards said...

Love all of these ideas! Now because of your notification of how many more shopping days there are, I'm feeling a little pressure... Thanks for the push Linds!

Aodhnait said...

Wow! I'm getting in the mood for Christmas 2012 by looking at your great ideas for decorating!

Mrs. Casler said...

Question: Does the candy cane candle get sticky and melt? Did you have to put it in a bowl or how did you fix it so the candy wouldn't melt?