11.12.2010

on the hunt

I'm always on the hunt for that "perfect work bag" and I've come to the conclusion that it is HARD to find a good bag, really hard. 


I live and work in the city, so basically my bag needs to be portable storage for all things I might need during the day.  This list includes, but is not limited to: my wallet, phone, 100 million lip glosses, sunglasses, work security pass, T pass, pocket mirror, little container of Advil/aspirin etc., bills that need to be paid, magazines / book to read on the train, little notebook for to-do's and lists, and gum.  Sometimes there is an umbrella in there or a pair of flip flops/ flats to change into when my feet hurt. 


Enter my search for a classic, durable, leather cross-body bag.  Something perfect to take me from navigating the crowded T with my hands free, to work, and then to possibly after work cocktails with the girls.


While trying to stay on a budget, I've been on the search for a nice bag for what seems like forever and I might have just ended my search with these bags from Rachel Nasvik.





They are classic, leather, can go from day to night and have that cross-body strap I love that can be made into a shorter shoulder strap.

The details on these bags are beautiful and the price points range from $298-$355.  Not cheap, but for something that I will use everyday I could treat myself.





So the search might just be over OR if anyone out there can show me other ideas I would be open to them too.

Happy Friday Everyone!


PS- thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes yesterday, my final 20's year has started off to a great start!!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

um i LOVE these!!

Anonymous said...

i bought a bag from this shop on etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheLeatherStore
and it is the BEST leather bag I've ever purchased!

Unknown said...

Love the bags you posted!

Right now I'm coveting this one from Cole Haan.

http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/catalog/product.jsp?catId=100&productId=364995&productGroup=&pwpHash=shop,pwp,c-100/f-10001+70018+4294966404/t-TOTE|HANDBAGS

I'm waiting for Black Friday though, the SA said $100 off every $400 spent and I can call in my order rather than going into the store! WIN!

Kelly W said...

MZ Wallace makes great bags.

Saara {www.varv.ca} said...

Have you looked at m0851? They are casual but super nice and the leather is ridiculously soft! I love mine.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I really really like these styles! Checking out the designer's site now. Happy weekend!

Charlene @ Sweetchic said...

I love ALL of those styles!! I wish I could bear to fork over that much for a purse... I am always really hard on my bags and they get beat up pretty quickly :T

Anonymous said...

Cute! Love these styles! Have you looked at Rebecca Minkoff's Dear Tote? Pricier than these but super cute, and I love her handbags. Her Morning After bag is amazing too - not as laptop-y but huge.

Sarah said...

so cute! here are a few of my very favorite marc by marc jacobs bags...love the lining:
http://www.zappos.com/product/7757840/color/98458

http://www.zappos.com/marc-by-marc-jacobs-d4-classic-q-francesca-cashew

i have the second one in black & it's is perfection! happy hunting!

Anonymous said...

Or - have you checked Foley + Corinna? I love their crossbody foldover totes because they can be made big or small. More options. :)

paula said...

I am in LOVE. What the perfect bag.

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

I've been eyeing the D&B Dillen Bag. In tan leather. I hope my husband got the hints.

quintessence said...

Wow - great find!! It is indeed hard to find that perfect everyday bag that you'll be happy to see every morning when you walk out the door. I especially like the one on the top left - reminiscent of the Hermes Trim!

Living It At Home said...

I just bought a large hobo bag from Rebecca Minkoff. It could fit a lap top if I wanted! I love your choices and really like the last set. Good luck in your search!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

I LOVED my messenger bag last year. Nothing else will stay on the should of the poufy coat. Happy Birthday old lady!!

Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

Those bags are fabulous! I say treat yourself. (Or check out the outlets for something similar!)

Design Esquire said...

In case you decide to go with a non-leather (and much less expensive) option, I think these bags are supposed to be good (and everything is 20% off this week). I actually ordered the All Day Long and the large wallet today. I'll let you know what I think of them when they arrive! Even if these wouldn't be your main bag, I think the designs are fun. (Maybe some luggage for the honeymoon?)

http://www.janemarvel.com/

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Check the Coach outlet - I got great leather bag there that came with a longer cross-body strap as well as a shoulder strap.

Meg said...

Happy belated, and thanks for this grown up girl post. I have been looking for just the same kind of work bag and one like these would be just the thing.