10.27.2010

a mini do-over

I posted about this little wood box that I decorated with some tacks a long, long time ago.


When my office moved the little box went into storage and was long forgotten about.  That is until this past weekend.  

During some Fall cleaning out came the little box and it was just screaming for a do-over.

So out came the craft paint, masking tape and a can of polycrylic and in no time this little beauty was finished


Now to find it a new home in my apartment. Earrings? Cards? Nails & screws? Odds & ends?  Only time will tell what ends up inside the new and improved little box.



So my lovely blog readers, a challenge for you.  Go get something out of storage, give it a makeover and a new life.  I promise it's fun!

15 comments:

Karen said...

I don't think I saw the box you embellished with the tacks-love it. I want to try that one, but the little blue box is great too.

Ms. Bright said...

funny. i love the t&co-esque new style, but I'm doing the tack-y project...I'm an L, too.

good inspiration, old and new!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Okay, I'll go take a look...Love the colors and design you used on the box! Janell

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Okay, I'll go take a look...Love the colors and design you used on the box! Janell

alison giese Interiors said...

That's it, you've done it. I'll now be forced to either gild or craft SOMETHING this weekend! ;) Thanks for the inspiration, I love this box, too!

Flavia @ Estilo Home said...

The old box with tacks was really cute too, but I love the new color!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

what a fun project. i love re-creating, great job.

Lauren said...

Oh this is so cute. I want to do something like this for my desk at work to keep hair ties and lip gloss!

North of 25A said...

Lovely little box; it is perfect!
Best,
Colleen

jonalynn said...

Great re-do!

I recently made over a Goodwill frame. Gotta love the DIY projects!

http://turnuptherad.blogspot.com/2010/10/celebrating-100-with-little-diy.html

Devon said...

Alright my DIY genius-lady. What are you doing homemade for your wedding? I keep loving reading all the details of your upcoming nuptials. It's going to be fabulous! :)

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

SO CUTE!

pve design said...

you should sell these....
ok?

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness you are so creative!! LOVE it!

Sarah Love said...

love your resourcefulness! great great project! Thanks for the inspiration!

-Sarah