6.30.2010

Shed Some


Space is at a premium in most city apartments, at least in mine it is.  I am always trying to come up with different ways to organize, store stuff and cut back the crap. 

Yesterday I took a hard look at my bedroom to see what I can do to make more space.  I know it's not a new idea, but I guess I'm really giving wall sconces a second glance.


Of course my favorite ones from Circa Lighting are a tad out of my price range.  Sad face for me.
( The Boston Functional Library Wall Light @ $273 & The Boston Swing Arm Lamp $244)


Ikea has some nice choices as well.  Much more in my price range, and since this is not my forever home might be a nice choice for the time being




($14.99 & $29.99)

Bellacor offers some nice options that fall between Circa Lighting and Ikea with, a wide rage of traditional and modern styles.

I like the Rhine Antique Brass Sconce because while the color is pretty traditional the shape is not.  Most of the stuff in my house tends to lean more traditional.  But lately I have been loving more of a modern look lately I think this sconce might be a nice change without sticking out like a sore thumb.

($63.99)

I don't think I have enough room for this white beauty, but I sure love it!

(but at $90 each, I think they might stay at the store)

This silver pharmacy lamp is a beaut, but I think that little handle on the end might remind me of being in the dentist chair (you know that light above you the dentist is always moving around to get the right light into your gaping mouth? please tell me you know what I'm talking about here)

(it's also $86.95- so at the store it stays too)


Which now puts me back at square one.  Oh the choices and possibilities!Why is it so hard for me to make any friggin choices lately.  I think all this wedding planning is frying my brain.

Happy Thursday crap, Wednesday.


(Photos from: Nickey Kehoe Inc., Alisberg Parker Architects, & Style at Home photo by Virginia Macdonald)

13 comments:

Design Esquire said...

I want to get sconces for my bedroom too. I can't wait to see which ones you end up going with.

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I wonder what kind of wiring one needs for these... Great picks!

paula said...

I did a post on this with ideas for my sons room. I found one that looks very similar to the circa left one at target. cant remember the price though.

pve design said...

I am so weird about lights. I think I need some sort of therapy. I never can seem to make up my mind. Most look so over done and then others look so tacky...but I do love really good lighting.
pve

Saara {www.varv.ca} said...

I absolutely LOVE that Circa Lighting Boston swing arm fixture. That Rhine Antique brass one would be a good substitute for now. :) Won't it be amazing once we both have permanent, owned houses!?!

Ephemeral Sparrow said...

I recently had a similar problem, too... I wanted to push my couch against the wall but had a floor lamp that was going to have to move to do so. I ended up finding something in the vintage section of Etsy:

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/30148164

Changed out the shade with a linen covered one, and I love it :)

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with those Circa lights too...why so expensive?! Can't wait to see what you decide on!

justagirlLaura said...

That one light totally looks like the dentist chair lamp; I know exactly what you're talking about! Good luck with your search!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Dude, been there. It's so hard for me to pull the trigger!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

These are lovely and a great space saver!

Anonymous said...

SO glad it's friday. I mean, seriously. Love your options here and I'm glad you listed them out! I love the first one with the mini shades. awesome!

Rachel said...

I love my sconces by my bed! It frees up so much room on my bedside tables, and they dirct the light a little closer - which is great if you're reading.
I got mine several years ago through Pottery Barn on sale, when I was living in a small condo with my sister and didn't have much room. But they've moved with me to my house now, and I still like them.
One thing to consider - find some that have cords and are able to be plugged in - unless you can or want to hardwire them into the wall. Unfortunately, that will make it trickier to find some... sorry!!

VICTORIA said...

WOW! Looks really great those beds! I love the crisp cream/white furniture and accents against the grey walls.I am so pleased with how this room has come together. It’s so chic and sophisticated finishes give it that timeless feel! Great mix of finds too! xoxo Victoria