5.26.2010

Figawi Weekend


I'm checking out early this week, I leave for Nantucket in the morning for an extended long weekend vacation.

It's Figawi weekend, the annual race from the Cape to Nantucket that takes place every Memorial Day.


The weather looks not too hot, yet not too cold...just how I like it.  I used to go to Nantucket ever summer as a kid, but I haven't been in a few years and it will be so nice to be back!

The race will be sad without a familiar face, but Ted Kennedy Jr. will continue in his fathers footsteps and race Mya.

I cant wait to see the cobblestone streets, beautiful homes and picturesque beaches again.


I hope you all have a lovely Memorial Day weekend!!


PS- before I leave I have a great giveaway, so be sure to check back again later today for details!!


(photos from capecodfd.com, Wind Walker Real Estate, and flickr)

22 comments:

pve design said...

Is there room in your bag? I have never been even though I have illustrated infamous shops and homes.
pve

LindsB said...

Patricia- There is always room for you!

Laura Trevey said...

I am so so jealous!! I lived there for 2 summers and want to get back soon...

Have a wonderful time.
xoxo

Unknown said...

oh how i LOVE memorial day weekend! - yayyyy

*mwah*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Anonymous said...

so fun! i hear it's a blast every year. oh, and don't forget that amazing bag you got. I loved it!! :)

JMW said...

Looks divine! Have a safe and fun-filled trip! Happy Memorial Day!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Have a great time! I have wanted to go to Nantucket for this... never been, but have been to MV :)

Design Esquire said...

Have fun!! I've never been (can you believe it?!).

Rachel said...

Two words for you Linds....
You
suck

That all sounds amazing!!
Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

So jealous, it's going to be a gorgeous weekend for Nantucket!

Jessica said...

Love Nantucket! Not that I've been there but I fantasize about the cute shingled houses and climbing roses that I'm sure are staples of life there!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

oooh jealous :)
Enjoy!!! sounds like it's going to be amazing!! xoxo

Sketch42 said...

Sounds great! Have fun!

Kate said...

This is the dream vacation I keep hinting to the husband about! Nantucket seems like a great place to just relax, so please take lots of pics!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That sounds amazing. I've always wanted to visit that area of the country. Have a blast!

La Dolfina said...

I'm cyberlly so jealous! I've always wanted to go Nantucket!!
Have a wonderful time and please come back to blogland with photos of your long weekend there :)
Just found you and love your blog!
xo

Devon said...

I heart Nantucket. I hope you have a great time.

I'm stealing the trellis that is layered up the side of that Dutchie. It's perfect for the side of my house!!

Emily A. Clark said...

Hope you had a great weekend! Can't wait to hear about your trip.

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

hope you had the best trip ever! jealous!

Chic Coles said...

Nantucket is one of my favorite places, I go there every summer! The Figawi weekend is always so much fun.

Life's Little Lessons said...

Where do you stay when you go to Nantucket?

LindsB said...

Life's Little Lessons- the last time I was there we rented a house with a bunch of friends. But before that I've stayed at the White Elephant or The Beachside Inn.