3.18.2010

You're so perfect

Oh Martha, you are so perfect in everything you do.  You have your hands in almost every aspect of building, decorating, and keeping a beautiful home.  From furniture, rugs, paint, green cleaning supplies, crafts, books, flowers, to dishes and I could go on and on.  How do you do it all and look as gorgeous as you do?


And yet you amaze me again.  Your new paint line for Home Depot is great.  Better then great actually, it's fabulous and I cant wait for my next project to use it on.  The names of the colors made me laugh, you should give that creative team a raise (hey, I WISH I worked on your creative team- are you hiring?)


Just one itty bitty bone to pick with you Martha- why no paint deck?


I had to stand in the aisle of my local Home Depot and pick out each pretty little paint chip one by one to make my own paint deck.

















Not an easy thing to do I must tell you.  Oh Martha how I love thee- please make a paint deck for us all to keep and treasure just like everything else with your name on it.





















Thanks a bunch, I know all my blog friends would really appreciate it!

XXOO
your new BFF Linds

(and I PROMISE to NEVER EVER to write a mean tell-all book about you. Cross my heart, girl scout honor)

23 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Funny...her paint colors look intriguing. Good luck getting hired!! Janell

Living It At Home said...

Doesn't good ol' Martha look like a babe in those shoes? She does look great!

I am heading over to Home Depot to pick up these paint chips. Can't wait!

{Always thought I was a cross between Martha and Madonna...Hee-Hee!}

pve design said...

perfect paints, be still my heart.
I am a paint swatch junkie!
love martha.
pve

Southern Aspirations said...

She does look fabulous, doesn't she?

Love the colors shown- good job making your own deck! I admit I love paint swatches too!!

Anonymous said...

I know right?! Silly Martha. I'm waiting until I have a free hour to get over to Home Depot and assemble my own paint deck too.

Anonymous said...

I just made my own paint deck of the Behr Paint plus Primer colors. I have to wait a few weeks before I go back to get the Martha colors or the paint desk employees will start to wonder about me.

alison giese Interiors said...

I'll have to swing by the 'ol Depot, and do the same. Had my Mom do it with the discontinued Ralph Lauren line, but have yet to make a deck with all the samples - time.... {sigh}

paula said...

can't wait to check it out! she is quite fabulous.

Design Esquire said...

Such a pretty little stack!

Anonymous said...

Ha...love this! She does need a paint deck. I almost bought the Pantone one off of Dessy the other day. Not that I need it for the wedding colors but just to carry around with me to look at!

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

did you grab me a set? please say you did!!!

Silvia C said...

I've always been and will always be a Martha fan. She is inspiring. How in the world are you going to choose from one of those awesome colors, I have no clue! But good luck!

Sarah said...

Your so cute. I'm always at home depot or lowes with handfuls of paint chips. Ha-ha I'll have to check out Martha's paint line when I'm there next.

ashlina {the decorista} said...

you are too cute! love the collection of paint chips...GREAT IDEA

bazaarofserendipity said...

haha i love it!! I did the same thing and my husband was soo embarassed! ;0

Marija said...

I'm pretty sure she did the same thing when she had colors at Sherwin Williams - it was maddening! Or I just missed out on getting the deck and in the process drove myself crazy trying to keep those little swatches all together. Yes to decks! Marija

That Girl in Pearls said...

Seriously, I Love how fresh she keeps things. There is nothing Old or Frumpy about Martha Stewart. She has fabulous taste in everything!

Beatriz.
thatgirlinpearls.com

Rachel said...

I will have to go and check them out!
And if you do get hired, ask her if she needs somebody down in Texas... ;-)

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

i'm more of a lowes girl, but perhaps martha will sway me. do you know how the prices are for her stuff? I have many, many walls to paint!

Jenna @ Mi Vida Bonita said...

Haha, you are too funny! Come on Martha...give her a shot! :)

Anna @ IHOD said...

everything she touches turns to gold so she might as well make a paint deck;)
happy weekend Linds!

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

wooo martha! She is so perfect. I love all those paint chips lined up!

Alicia B. Designs said...

Martha never ceases to amaze me. I love that someone wrote a tell all book about her and that everyone is hating on it! Martha wins at everything. :)

xoxo