12.02.2009

Mission Completed

Our mission to search and find the perfect tree was successful! Of course we pick a VERY cold day, but it was a beautiful one. We managed to both agree on which tree would come home with us, so exciting!



lots of pretty trees to pick from



and a few sad ones.


Such a beautiful day


The BF ready with saw in hand



Some clearance trees were tagged, but they were not the right shade of green for me :)


A few had already gone home- this is all that remains


Once we found our tree the BF got to work...


...and work he did. We had fun right up to this part, where he swore we would NEVER be doing this again. He says this every year...I'm not worried though, he'll forget in 365 days how much fun he had cutting it down.


Once we cut down our tree and carried it back this contraption wrapped it up tight.


there it goes...almost done


All wrapped up, ready for the ride home.


Next stop: our apartment, where it will get all gussied up and pretty for the Christmas Season.

18 comments:

deliciously organized said...

I like the sad one. You should have picked that guy... Can't wait to see your tree all decked out!!!

lupismore said...

it's awesome that you get to cut your own tree... talk about xmas spirit...jejejejeje

Chic Coles said...

Congrats on getting your tree! Can't wait to see it all decorated!

MFAMB said...

its all very rockwellian. i'll bet it smelled heavenly.

Design Esquire said...

How much fun! I can't wait to see it all decorated in your apartment.

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

How fun! Ho ho ho!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I love cutting down a tree- we used to do it every year when I was a kid... such a great tradition! Can't wait to see it all decorated :)

PS: Got your email- thanks! I'll reformat it in the blog, but I should be able to do it from what you sent me :)

alison giese Interiors said...

Tree-pickin' days are the BEST! What, no Charlie Brown tree for you? ;)
Can't wait to see it all dolled up!

Anonymous said...

I agree the sad would would have been kind of hilarious, but i can't wait to see what you have in store for this lush baby. i decorated my first tree last year and it was a gaudy, trashy nightmare.

http://decoratedlife.blogspot.com/2008/12/silly-jew-trees-arent-for-you.html

ps. i saw .12 of the BFs face. so close!
x robin

Jennifer said...

looks like fun! I'd love to cut one, but I don't think Fir trees grow very well down here and that's what I HAVE to have, haha. so we always hit up the Boy Scouts tree stand, which is a treat in and of itself :)

Stephanie Sabbe said...

fun. good pics!

Kay* said...

can't wait to see it! i love how full real trees are...never had one but one year i will...

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

The sad one reminds me of Charlie Brown's little tree. :-)

xo,
cristin

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

How much fun, I've never gone out to cut a tree, just around the corner to the lot! Have fun decorating your beauty...Janell

Anonymous said...

your bf must be very special to go through all that work for you. You should be very grateful!

Sarah said...

it's hard enough for me to get my husband to just go to Lowe's to get a tree! WTG!

Meg said...

Awesome! I got my tree yesterday too. I should have taken the pictures of the play by play waiting, fighting, pushing carts, freezing my tail off all in the Ikea parking lot! I got a 9ft tree there for $20 yesterday!!! I love yours, so romantic to get it that way!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

So fun. I'm hoping next year we can start the tradition of cutting down our own tree. Maybe it can be a new family tradition since next Christmas we'll be a family of 3. Craziness!! :)