10.13.2009

Where You Sleep

I keep all my magazines boxed and sorted for a reason, they are a source of great inspiration. I love looking back at old issues. Elle Decor to be exact, because Margaret Russell very rarely get is wrong. I mean she does make mistakes, she is only human, but her eye for good design and a great photograph is like no other. I'm not trying to kiss her butt here or anything, there are homes and designs in the magazine that I have despised for sure, but I do appreciate it for what it is.

One other thing about Margaret, does she ever age? I mean she looks the same today and she did back in 2003, actually better maybe.

(Left 2003 photo- right 2009)

To make this more decor related today, here are three bedrooms from the Feb/March 2003 issue that I love

(photo by Pieter Estersohn)


(Photo bt Minh + Wass)

(photo by Grey Crawford)

This last one is my favorite- I am obsessed with those side tables. I also really like the framed art, the lamps and the headboard.

Recreating the last room here are items I would put in the room today



Headboard from Ballard Designs
Lamp from HERE
Chest from HERE
Vintage reprints from HERE

14 comments:

Fargerike Dagny said...

I really love the last bedroom, where the art continues "around the corner" of the wall. Looks really fabulous. And I LOVE what you put together! Those chests are to die for!!

Anonymous said...

botox? just kidding...or maybe not! Love those side tables you found too. I think even moreso than the ones in the picture. Great post!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Funny, before you said the last pic was your fave I was thinking the exact same thing! I love the plum colored pillow on the bed - gray and plum is such a great combo. The chests you found are perfect!

Lauren said...

love it too!!! and love your version you creative girl!!!!

xoxo

and yes, i think margaret just gets prettire & prettier!!

Ms. Bright said...

it IS botox, but you didn't hear that from me!!! Margaret has impeccable personal style and is incredibly interesting.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Yes, I'd love to know how old she is. Actually for some reason I am quite curious about this...

Anyway, I love your board, with the exception of the bugs! I would never sleep, really.

I had the misfortune of living in a couple of run down apartments while in school in Chicago, and I didn't need pictures of bugs for them to be part of the decor. I don't need to go back there!

Janell

Southern Aspirations said...

love when you pull out the older editions! How do you keep them all organized!? I just limit myself to the current editions beside the bed and the latest catalogs...

Oh- and she does look fabulous!

bluehydrangea said...

the last bedroom is my favorite too and you did a great job recreating it!!

Megan said...

The last room you highlighted is marvelous, especially those side tables! I like your version too. Thanks for the tip for vintage reprints, I've been looking for a site like that!!

Dallas Shaw said...

the side tables are perfect
dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, I think I like your recreation even better because I am in love with those chests you found! I also am fairly smitten with that first room with the soft pink and camel... lovely!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

1. Margaret looks great.
2. Love that first bedroom!!

MissBliss said...

I am loving the bowl of roses and your fab recreation!

Let's hope it is being infused with great taste that makes you look great, hence, we will all look so great in the future... Either that or pass the botox...I have seen party vans that come to you here in Miami ;)

LindsB said...

MissBliss- I'm going to need one of those vans sooner rather than later I have a feeling, they sound amazing!