9.23.2009

Witches Brew

I am very excited for Halloween! I normally decorate my apartment, carve pumpkins and throw on spooky music every now and then. But I realized that the BF and I are the only ones who get to enjoy any of this effort. So this year I'm throwing a Halloween bash for my high school girl friends and their other halves.

I've already started shopping for this event and have started to collect some pretty creepy accessories, but before I have the party planned and no guests I needed to figure out the invites.

My invites are NO Mrs. Limestone quality (hers are out of this world amazing BTW), but after lots of ideas I settled on something near and dear to my heart...witches! I thought about sending out boxes with fake severed fingers etc., but I decided to make them using materials I had at home already- we are in a recession. (this also leaves me with more money to spend on booze and at Goodwill for fun decorations)

Alright enough chatter here they are
Its a witches cauldron with some witches brew! (in case you couldn't tell)
pull out the brew and you have your invite
the envelopes are lined with spiderweb paper


Now that those are done and sent out my focus turns to decorations and making my apartment as spooky & creepy as possible.


Any suggestions from you Halloween pros out there?


Only 38 more days till Halloween....

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! I love the witches brew - so creative! I'm kind of in the mood to throw my own Halloween party now, hmmm...!

Kalee said...

These are fantastic- did you make them? Cannot wait to see what you come up with!

Mrs. Limestone said...

What are you talking about? Your invites are awesome. I love them. And you know how I heart glitter so 'nuff said.

Im glad Im not the only one who gets excited about the holiday.

Oona Johnson said...

Love these! Great job! You should make me some for our Halloween Housewarming, LOL.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I love them! Now I hope one is on it's way to NY. :)

I know I did go to HS with you, but we can just pretend! :)

MFAMB said...

mine's in the mail right?

deliciously organized said...

you are so creative! they look so good! if the invitations look this spectacular i can't even imagine what your place will look like!-carlee

Pink Wallpaper said...

how cute are those!!

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

that is adorable!

bluehydrangea said...

Love them!!

Ms. Bright said...

So cute!! I wish I was getting one in the mail! I'm planning to get my sad little email invites out tomorrow, maybe I will post them...talk about shame!
You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

So great to meet you last night! Hope we can all get together again soon! I can't get over how great these came out..

Laura@JourneyChic said...

These are fantastic! Love the spooky font.

Great to meet you last night! Hope we can do it again soon!

Lauren said...

oh my gosh- sis you make these?? are you selling them?? so awesome...

ok i thought this post was going to be about alcohol too hahaha because every year for our praty we make "witch's brew" out of apple cider, sprite & vodka and it pretty much is SCARY. hee hee hee

Chic Coles said...

Those are SO fun! I am not very good at the whole Halloween thing, but I have been participating in a Halloween party every year since moving to New Orleans and this year I have to really step it up...Thanks for reminding me!

Lauren said...

(hee hee I'm back) I LOVE THEM!!! Are you selling them?!!! I think they would go like hotcakes!!!!