8.21.2009

Off I go

Off to the Cape for the weekend and I'll be seeing lots of these I'm sure
Cape Cod Style House

How do you know its a Cape style house you ask? Well, here are some typical features:

A central chimney

Steep Roof with small overhang

Shutters

Dormers and Windows

Symmetrical appearance

Shingle Siding

I grew up in a cape house, so I'm particularly fond of them just like my Dad. If you want to learn more about this style go HERE.

Ok I'm off- have a good weekend everyone!

Photo from frontdoor.com

8 comments:

MFAMB said...

enjoy enjoy!! take lots of pics and share when u get back.

Yansy said...

Have Fun! I love the cape and the architecture is my favorite part of it.

Megan said...

Lovely, enjoy your weekend!

alice said...

There is nothing like the Cape in the summer! Enjoy!!

Unknown said...

where on the cape? have so much fun!!

Caitlin said...

umm did I mention I am so jealous!

Sarah said...

i do love Cape Cod style1

Sarah said...

i do love Cape Cod style1