7.31.2009

You want what?

When the BF came home from his little jaunt in Asia for 3 weeks, he pulled up this website to show me some "really cool photography from Thailand" that he would love for our apartment. This art is huge, like takes up half the wall huge, which I love since we have tall ceilings and have been looking for something big... score one for the BF on that.

Let me preface this by saying he did not show me EVERYTHING this artist had, just two select pictures he had picked out







My reaction: ummm, the first lady is ok...but the blue lipstick girl could freak me out a little if she was living above our fireplace. So, I think these will not be seeing the inside of casa EverythingLEB & the BF ever anytime soon.

To be fair, I searched around the rest of the site and found some pretty cool things that could (possibly, maybe, I'll think about it, not a chance in hell) work in our apartment... that I think are pretty funky, I like funky





(the above are from Ludovic Cazeba)

Well yesterday Heather from Habitually Chic posted some photos from her visit to the Hampton Designer Showhouse and this porch done by Brad Ford caught my eye


I had my "Ah ha" moment, I love this! The BF and I can live together in harmony and can make funky black and white photography work!


Now to find the right piece of art.

14 comments:

Southern Aspirations said...

YAY! Always great when you can find/identify some happy compromises.

Linda Merrill said...

Well, I love the three water photos. Those are fantastic!!

Design Esquire said...

I was really iffy about the photos too, until I saw that last image of the one on the porch, that looks good. Maybe I just had a hard time visualizing these in a normal space? Those are really big though, so you better like it before hanging it!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I LOOOVE a funky touch to an interior. It adds so much visual interest. Love it.

I LOLed when I saw the pics your BF picked. Too funny! I like the last one you posted from that photographer. Very cool!

Maureen Stevens said...

Lindsay, i think I can relate, me & my fiancee are decorating our new space & it hasn't been easy :( I'm happy for you that u found something u both liked :)

MissBliss said...

wow, those were some hardcore images!

I'd be afraid of them, too... ;)

ah, finding the perfect art for 2...

the search continues, and hopefully the fun is in the search...

joy refurbished said...

I love the 3rd piece. Nice find.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Yep, liking your finds a weeeeeee bit better. : )

Dana Cordova said...

Really gorgeous shots, thanks!

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

Being a photographer, I say hooray for B&W photos! You really can't go wrong with it.

Oona Johnson said...

The one with the horse and the guy in the tophat is neat. Not too weird, just funky/unique enough. Depending on the rest of your abode of course.

down pillow said...

I could totally see that water/cloud/lady with umbrella in my bathroom. Delicious!

Unknown said...

Hello Lindsay....I'm the one who created these visuals (Mr CAzeba)... Did You choose the one you want , I can offer Special X-Mas Discount!! ;)


Nice to know that your BF and You like my Work!
Cheers

Ludovic

Unknown said...

Hello Lindsay....I'm the one who created these visuals (Mr CAzeba)... Did You choose the one you want , I can offer Special X-Mas Discount!! ;)


Nice to know that your BF and You like my Work!
Cheers

Ludovic