7.01.2009

Blogger's Favorite Everything: Everything LEB


_______________________________________________
Since I asked other bloggers to fill this out I figured it was time to do my own list. No introduction needed, so here are a few of my favorite things:


Lamp- The pair of lamps in my family room, came from my Grandparents house via my parents attic- love them


Everyday dishes- Crate and Barrel Aspen Dinnerware


Everyday glassware- LaRochere Bee- I first saw these at my best friends parents house (who are very stylish and amazing cooks so I look up to them) and fell in love. Hopefully someday I will have a large collection


Candle/scent- Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey in the summer and Prada in the winter

Design book- Celerie Kemble To Your Taste, House Beautiful The Home Book, Domino The Book of Decorating,


Cleaning supply- J.R. Watkins stuff and Magic Erasers- seriously I have not found a mess these things cant clean- they really are magic




Sheets- Any 100% cotton white sheets with a thread count of 300 or higher, Marshalls and SmartBargains seem to have great deals lately- I'm not picky

Coffee or tea- Coffee, Starbucks every morning is a really bad habit I need to work on breaking.

Color- Orange

Accessory- diamond studs my parents surprised me with at Christmas with three years ago, I cried like a baby when I got them and wear them every single day.



Electronic gadget- My future Canon Rebel XSi- don't have it yet...but I know it will be my favorite (hint, hint to the BF)

Nail polish color- OPI Russian Blue and Essie Ballet Slippers


Flower- I would say Peonies but to be different I am going to say gardenias. They have been my Dads favorite flower since he was a kid so I adopted them as mine too, and how can you not love that smell? I just wish they weren't so hard to keep alive

Comfort food- Pizza and beer- mmmm

Alcoholic drink- Stoli blueberry, club soda with a lime and (but not at the same time) a dark stout beer



Writing utensil- a blue Bic Cristal- the kind you can get 12 for a buck- cant write with anything else, love these


Vacation spot- Belgrade Lakes, Maine- we used to have a lake house there growing up but it just sold. I’m hoping the BF and I can continue the tradition and eventually be able to afford one too.

Stationery- Mine! (you can see just some of it here, I need to work on getting more up)


Pair of jeans- Joes Jeans- they make them for vertically challenged people like myself… I don’t even have to hem them

Heels / flats / sneakers- I love heels but since I live in the city and walk alot I tend to be comfortable in flats. In the summer its my Rainbow flip flops and in the winter it’s Uggs that I wear the most. (I know Uggs are ugly but you try walking in the awful Boston weather to and from work and you'll learn to love them too)



Room to decorate- All of them- but lately I’ve been fixated on my BF office, but he is having a hard time letting go and allowing me to decorate since its his space

Magazine- ugg, sore subject- there are so few left. But House Beautiful, BHG and Elle Décor are still the staples.

Lipstick/lip gloss/lip balm- Palmers Coco Butter stick- best stuff EVER


Designer- too many to list here- but I have to say I get alot of inspiration from all the blogs I read- you all have amazing ideas

Organizational tool- Brother P-touch Label Maker


Chair- The one I just re-covered, love it! BUT, if money were no object I’d love a house full of chairs from Hickory Chair


Big box store- Target
China pattern- Lenox Federal Platinum-both my Mom and Grandma have this, so I hope to get some myself one day.

Bag/ Handbag- My dream bag is an Hermes Birkin- ah swoon


Towels- Any good quality over sized white ones

Soap- plain old Dove in the shower and Burts Bees Citrus and Ginger Root for my hands

Current Trend- Its not so much a trend but I really love mixing high and low end pieces, from your clothes to your home its all about mixing it up.

________________________________________________

Hope you all enjoyed reading my favorite things- Happy Wednesday!

10 comments:

bluehydrangea said...

Finally! Love when others filled this out and really enjoyed reading your answers. Love those lamps!!

Design Esquire said...

Great post! I loved reading your answers. And by the way, you did such a fabulous job with that chair.

LindsB said...

Thanks Christine, I have to find another chair now so I can work on piping/welting- thats going to be the hard part :)

paula said...

great favorites. I love to sit on my front porch when all the gardenias are in bloom, it's intoxicating!

Annie Crowninshield said...

This is why I love blogs! Now I know all the things we have in common such as.....

I have that C&B dinnerware and some of the LaRochere Bee glasses.

The bin under my sink is full of Magic Erasers.

I love Stoli blueberry, cheap Bic pens, rainbow flip flops (they remind me of my Mum and aunts back in the 80's) and Dove soap. There is nothing else like it.

Jennifer said...

great list! I love your lamps, gardenias (they are my mom's fav, so I think I inherited her love), magic eraser and Federal Platinum, too!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Love your list... Fun things! I am obsessed with magic erasers.

Lauren said...

yay!! glad to finally see your faves!!!
i still can't get over your chair...
xoxo happy 4th!!

Anonymous said...

who doesnt want a birkin. it has been on my xmas list every year since i was 8. still none:(

and your chair makes me so happy! I hope I can do mine just as well!

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

It's good to see your favorites. I can't believe orange is your favorite color because it's mine too and everyone usually hates it. Yay for orange! And the Birkin! Be still my heart.