3.19.2009

Two Minds, One Choice

Going back to my post the other day about picking out a new couch and then reading Lauren's post today about decorating decisions got me thinking about how the the heck the BF and I are ever going to come to a decision on our couch...a decision we both like that is.

We have been going back and forth on this and it has not been easy. Finally I said to go online and send me pictures of family rooms that you love, something you would want to live in. And this is what I got
gasp, I know!! While this is very nice, its not for me. It is nothing like what I had in mind and not what I want my warm, friendly family room to look like.

I love color, I love non-matchy, I love the eclectic look, I love something like this
So, the mission is on...finding a couch (actually more than a couch, but we are starting with that) that we both agree on! Lauren you post could not have come at a better time, so thank you.

I'll keep you updated as to how it goes, and any words of advice on how a woman can change a mans mind would be greatly appreciated (as always)

photos from: freshliving.com and Tia Zoldan's living from from
Zoldan Interiors

5 comments:

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Gosh- I love the look you are going for! Great photo. This post made me laugh!

Heather said...

I like your choice. His is just a little more modern looking. I'd recommend Room and Board...the stuff is sort of modern but w/ a cozy twist. My husband's taste is more modern than mine, but we've done well there. OR, could you just find a couch YOU like and make it seem like it was HIS idea? (I think I read this in Oprah Mag once!)

Brilliant Asylum said...

This battle of the sexes is a constant at our house. My husband wants a "dwell" house and I want a "domino".
Usually it boils down to whoever is paying wins the war. (Guess I am going to have to cough up the $$$$ for that Saarinen table I want so badly).
; )

KM said...

First of all, I am SO happy for you that you spotted life of springtime in Boston. When we lived there I was so depressed at how long winter lasted and then SO happy when spring time came around. I feel your pain and your joy.
Good luck on the couch fight! It took me years to get George to not have an opinion. Only gay men should have an opinion on decor if you ask me. :) I let him be opinionated about everything else but decor and he's ok with it now. :) Just give it time, that's my advice.

Anonymous said...

i absolutely LOVE your picture...his is great too but much too modern for me. but, comparing both of these photos, i think for the most part it's the accessories that really make the difference. so perhaps you both pick out a sofa you both like - perhaps something clean lined which you both like & then a mixture of modern & eclectic accessories? and then slowly work in some colour ;)