1.16.2009

Armoire Needed

Sometimes its so hard to find that perfect thing you are looking for, you know that item that you have all picked out in your head and you know exactly what you want it to look like. I'm having that problem right now, I need an armoire/hutch/bookcase/ something for my kitchen. See image below:


We have two doors in our apartment, one of the doors happens to be in the kitchen and is really not needed. What I do need, however, is some more storage and a place to put all that stuff that does not have a specific home. I want something with doors so my stuff has a place to hide, I don't want it new looking, needs to be tall to cover most of the door (which is 88" tall), it cant be too wide since I have the kitchen table there, and it has to be real wood none of that press board crap. See not too much to ask for right?
These are what I have found- I love all of these and would take any of them home



Only issue is, they are mostly antiques and are WAY out of my price range. Ugg, its so frustrating to know what you want and not be able to get it right away.

I'm off to my parents house in the country for the long weekend to do some antiquing or junktiquing as Mrs. Limestone called it. I'm hope I can find something, I'm even willing to put a little paint and elbow grease into it I just want to find the right shape.

Wish me luck on my search, and I hope everyone has a fabulous long weekend!


Photos from: craigslist, and expensive antique stores on the web I can't remember, sorry

7 comments:

Mrs. Limestone said...

That blue one is super cool. Good luck in your search - I hope you find what you're looking for.

I will say this about armoires. Be careful not to get one that is too big. Sometimes a big, tall, closed off piece like an armoire throws the entire scale of the room off and ruins the effect you're working so hard on.

Haven and Home said...

I like the blue one too. I will keep my eyes open, let us know what you find. Good Luck!

LindsB said...

Mrs Limestone- you’re exactly right about not getting one too big, I thought about that but dint give it much serious thought till now, so thank you!! More importantly I should make sure I can get it in the door :) We have 12 foot ceilings and the room is a decent size, so I'm hoping to find just the right height that doesn’t crowd the space.

Marianne- Thanks! I'm not holding my breath on finding something right away, but I'm hoping it comes my way soon- I'll keep everyone posted.

cotedetexas said...

I love love love the 2nd one and the next to last one! good luck with your search.

thank you so much for your sweet comment!!! I was nervous to put it out today because I didn't want to be judged. I know I could have done more or better, but you know, it's perfect for us!!!! we are so happy with it.

thanks again - you're the sweetest!
Joni

No.35style said...

I like the one in front of the red/orange wall and the last one on the bottom. Good luck. Hold out for what you want even if it means skimping on something else that is not so important in order to get it. This is something you can keep forever and it will work in any room.

Lauren said...

So exciting! Loving the blue one. Did you find one???

xoxo

Jean Martha said...

I got the armoire for my kitchen at Anthropologie. They are crazy overpriced but when you hit them on a sale day, it can be glorious. My score was 75% off.