10.13.2008

I got it...


@ the TJ Maxx / Homegoods store??

Is that weird?? They NEVER have brand new books at those stores (at least not mine)

I was in line to pay for boxers for the BF, and turned my head to look at the books they had, and I almost screamed when I saw the brand new Domino book right in front of me!!!!!! But how could that be, I have been to the bookstore almost everyday since everyone has said they got it in the mail.... and the bookstore people told me (multiple times) it would not be in stock till 10/14!! SO, how could it be that this book is right in front of me AND for $19.99!!!!

Of course I grabbed it, and its in perfect condition too- but do you think there is something wrong with it, like did I not get the REAL Domino book?? Is this a fake??

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ya you probably got ripped off, TJ Maxx sucks, don't buy boxers for the bf there.

Anonymous said...

i don't think you got ripped off. here at shoppers drug mart (pharmacy/drugstore) they regularly sell books that are on the bestsellers list for like...%25-30% and there is no difference between their copy and the copy at the bookstore. that's where i bought my current read - the story of edgar sawtelle. you just got lucky by spotting it! i'm going to pick it up this week too - hopefully it's at the pharmacy ;)

cotedetexas said...

I love the new domino book - I think it's wonderful!

thanks for the comment today, btw.

Joni

Unknown said...

just wanted to let you know i went to buy this book at our big chain bookstore chapters and it's $37(canadian) but if i buy it online at the chapters website it's $24...34% off because there is no middle man. so that's probably how/why you got a hefty discount :) the book is legit.

LindsB said...

Thanks Kay! After I posted this, the book came out in the Barnes and Noble near me and I went to check out what they had there and it was the same book I got. So I guess yeah for me for spotting it when I did, I guess it was fate :)